[comp.sys.acorn] soc.culture.New_Zealand

gcwillia@daisy.waterloo.edu (Graeme Williams) (02/26/91)

On account of the rather large numbers of Kiwis reading the above
three groups I thought I'd bring your attention to the following:

I have posted a CFD for creation of a group

       soc.culture.New_Zealand

in news.announce.newgroups and soc.culture.australian.

Thanks,

Graeme Williams
gcwillia@daisy.waterloo.edu

hamish@waikato.ac.nz (02/26/91)

In article <1991Feb25.215338.8537@watdragon.waterloo.edu>, gcwillia@daisy.waterloo.edu (Graeme Williams) writes:
> On account of the rather large numbers of Kiwis reading the above
> three groups I thought I'd bring your attention to the following:
>
> I have posted a CFD for creation of a group
>
>        soc.culture.New_Zealand

 But this IS soc.culture.New_Zealand, its just got a different name in your
newsreader :)

(Posted from rec.sport.rugby :)

|  Hamish Marson   <hamish@waikato.ac.nz>                                    |
|  Computer Support Person,  Computer Science Department                     |
|  University of Waikato                                                     |
|Disclaimer:  Anything said in this message is the personal opinion of the   |
|             finger hitting the keyboard & doesn't represent my employers   |
|             opinion in any way. (ie we probably don't agree)               |

cpink@suna.mqcc.mq.oz.au (Craig Pinkerton) (02/26/91)

In article <1991Feb25.215338.8537@watdragon.waterloo.edu> gcwillia@daisy.waterloo.edu (Graeme Williams) writes:
>I have posted a CFD for creation of a group
>
>       soc.culture.New_Zealand

Thats a bit of a long title isn't it. Maybe you should just shorten it to

	soc.sheep

Lets face it, when you think of New Zealand you think of sheep and there is
no culture in New Zealand so this seems like an appropriate name.

Regards Craig.

P.S. All in good fun

Craig Pinkerton                         |       Bring on the Windies.
Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia |     Let the battle for world
E-mail cpink@mqccsuna.mqcc.mq.oz.au     |         supremacy begin.

torrie@cs.stanford.edu (Evan Torrie) (02/27/91)

cpink@suna.mqcc.mq.oz.au (Craig Pinkerton) writes:

>In article <1991Feb25.215338.8537@watdragon.waterloo.edu> gcwillia@daisy.waterloo.edu (Graeme Williams) writes:
>>I have posted a CFD for creation of a group
>>
>>       soc.culture.New_Zealand

>Thats a bit of a long title isn't it. Maybe you should just shorten it to

>	soc.sheep

  Maybe we should also rename the Australian culture group to

   soc.flies

  That's all I ever encountered when I went to Oz.

Evan Torrie.  Stanford University, Class of 199?       torrie@cs.stanford.edu
"She's got a tongue like an electric eel, and she likes the taste of a
 man's tonsils!"  - Rik Flashheart