[comp.sys.acorn] Graphics

ecwu61@castle.ed.ac.uk (R Renwick) (02/26/91)

	I am currently working on a little graphics project and I have
'a need for speed'.  I am not fluent in ARM code and I can't afford to
buy a book on it :-(   So, does anyone have any ARM code routines
pinging around which do the following.

	Matrix mutiplication of reals!!!! NxN where N=4 (or 3)
	Fast plotting routines which can draw staight lines (any mode)
	Anything else which is graphically orientated.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks,

Rik

x51@nikhefh.nikhef.nl (Excursiecommissie) (02/28/91)

In article <8730@castle.ed.ac.uk> ecwu61@castle.ed.ac.uk (R Renwick) writes:
>  So, does anyone have any ARM code routines
>pinging around which do the following.

If you really want to go for speed, you should reconsider your specifications
and wonder if it is possible to use fixed point arithmetic instead of the
extremely slow reals. Since you have an extremely fast 32 bit processor,
almost anything can be put accurately in its 32bit data range.

Axel