[comp.sys.acorn] rouchclock

cs9h9tts@cybaswan.UUCP (t.simpson) (02/27/91)

oops, bug report : whassis-name's rough clock.
It doesn't respond properly to shutdown messages from the task manager.

so if you try the task managers quit on it, it doesn't respond.  Even
worse, if you try ctrl-shift-f12, all the desktop programs quit, but not
roughclock, leaving you to hit its clock gadget.

oh, yeah, one other minor gripe .. IMHO it would look better starting at
the top-left of the screen rather than the bottom-right, over the task
manager.

Tom.

rhh88@ecs.soton.ac.uk (Heywood RH) (03/01/91)

In <2330@cybaswan.UUCP> cs9h9tts@cybaswan.UUCP (t.simpson) writes:

>oops, bug report : whassis-name's rough clock.
>It doesn't respond properly to shutdown messages from the task manager.

>so if you try the task managers quit on it, it doesn't respond.  Even
>worse, if you try ctrl-shift-f12, all the desktop programs quit, but not
>roughclock, leaving you to hit its clock gadget.

I know! I keep meaning to send the corrected version to Newcastle but
have not had time yet Sorry, I'll do it tommorrow!!

>oh, yeah, one other minor gripe .. IMHO it would look better starting at
>the top-left of the screen rather than the bottom-right, over the task
>manager.

Well I like it at the bottom - so there!

ps. You missed the other bug! A bit after 12:30pm and just before 1:00pm it
crashes due to an array out of bounds. It just needs a MOD 12 thrown in
if you want to fix your version. I had not noticed that bug simply
because I had never used it at such ungodly hour in the morning.

I'll post an updated version soon, promise :-)

Rik

   /                  Richard Heywood (Rik)                 \
  /                   rhh88@uk.ac.soton.ecs                  \
   \                   The Spice must flow                  /
There are four kinds of homicide: felonious, excusable, justifiable,
and praiseworthy...
	-- Ambrose Bierce