[comp.sys.acorn] disk speed/configuring screen-size

gcwilliams@watdragon.waterloo.edu (Graeme Williams) (02/16/91)

In article <1740@svin02.info.win.tue.nl> wscomalo@bs.win.tue.nl writes:
>Is it possible to change the drive speed on an Archimedes without having
>to force a hard reset?

A related question: Is it possible to reconfigure the screensize without
a hard reset?

Graeme Williams - a Kiwi in Canada
gcwilliams@watdraon.waterloo.edu

julian@sideways.gen.nz (Julian Wright) (03/04/91)

gcwilliams@watdragon.waterloo.edu (Graeme Williams) writes:

> A related question: Is it possible to reconfigure the screensize without
> a hard reset?

Yes, using the MemAlloc module. This module can be found inside the PC
Emulator, or inside the !Lander application on disc APP2 (the second
welcome disc that came with RISC OS)

Once this module has been loaded, the command
  *ScreenSize 160k
will set the screensize to 160k, if it is possible. Note that if it is
not possible, MemAlloc will NOT return an error message! Instead it will
execute an optional command you specify after the new screen size.
eg. *ScreenSize 160k Error I need at least 160k of screen memory

    Cheers, Julian.