[comp.sys.acorn] Reply to letter

seifert@diku.dk (Michael Seifert) (02/27/91)

Hi,

I seems to have lots of problems when mailing  all you British people.
It seems to originate from the fact that you send mail using the ean-relay?

I'll post a letter here, as replys to the newsgroup:

Your message could not be delivered to
'@warwick.uucp:maumg@cu.warwick.ac.uk (host: warwick.uucp) (queue: uucp)' for the following
reason:  'uux pipe broke (system unknown?)'

> >>        Due to the 'embargo' on posting programs to comp.sys.acorn I have sent
> >>the program to the newcastle info server. If anyone knows of any other places
> >>I should send the program to increase distribution let me know.
> >*SIGH!*
> >
> >Bye bye !PlaceIt 1.05
> >

> >>        Yours,
> >>                Pop Mobility Freak
>
> What is that meant to mean.

That we can not access the Newcastle server from here (Denmark) - as far as
I know, no one execpt the British can access Newcastle.... Maybe this also
has something to do with the ean relay?

>         Very annoyed,
>            PMF
Don't be - it is bad for your blood pressure.

--
Michael Seifert               |   OS/2 - The Nightmare Continues..    |
seifert@freja.diku.dk         |   PS/2+OS/2 = (PS+OS)/2 = 0.5*(PS+OS) |

The one good thing about repeating your mistakes is that you know when
to cringe.

x51@nikhefh.nikhef.nl (Excursiecommissie) (02/28/91)

In article <1991Feb27.143418.4561@odin.diku.dk> seifert@diku.dk (Michael Seifert) writes:

>That we can not access the Newcastle server from here (Denmark) - as far as
>I know, no one execpt the British can access Newcastle.... Maybe this also
>has something to do with the ean relay?

This is not true, I can reach the Newcastle info-server from Amsterdam,
The Netherlands, and persuade it to send me the programs too!

Axel

maumg@warwick.ac.uk (Pop Mobility Freak) (03/04/91)

In article <1991Feb27.143418.4561@odin.diku.dk> seifert@diku.dk (Michael Seifert) writes:

>I seems to have lots of problems when mailing  all you British people.
>It seems to originate from the fact that you send mail using the ean-relay?
>
>Your message could not be delivered to
>'@warwick.uucp:maumg@cu.warwick.ac.uk (host: warwick.uucp) (queue: uucp)'
Several people from the continent have been able to mail me at
maumg@uk.ac.warwick.cu  I am not sure what you have to type from over there
but maybe someone who has mailed me (ie John Kortink and others) could give
some advice.

>That we can  not access the Newcastle server from here (Denmark) - as far as
>I know, no one execpt the British can access Newcastle.... Maybe this also
>has something to do with the ean relay?

I will try and mail you (and anyone else who wants PlaceIt 1.08 (as it now
is)) a copy.

Bye
        Pop Mobility Freak

jho@imada.dk (Jens H. Ovesen) (03/06/91)

In the header it says (here in Odense, Denmark): maumg@warwick.ac.uk

>>That we can  not access the Newcastle server from here (Denmark) - as far as
>>I know, no one execpt the British can access Newcastle.... Maybe this also
>>has something to do with the ean relay?
Well, I have mailed the Newcastle server several times. And it worked.

>I will try and mail you (and anyone else who wants PlaceIt 1.08 (as it now
>is)) a copy.
Aha, well, could you mail one for me, please? I only get part of it from the
newcastle server. First time I have problems with it.

>Bye
>        Pop Mobility Freak
Bye
  Jens.