[comp.sys.acorn] Making !Largeness work with 310s

bdb@cl.cam.ac.uk (Brian Brunswick) (03/21/91)

Several people have noticed that the new version of !Largeness crashes badly
on 310s. This is because the WimpSlot value in the !Run file is set
too small - 16K, since I didn't test the new version (which has lots of
extra code for the tiny view window) on anything other than a 440.

Just go in and edit the !Run file to set this to 32K, or 24K may work -
I'm not yet sure.

I'll be sending Albert a new version soon, and will fix this, but probably
incorporate a few other usefuls that have arrived - thanks pmf!

Brian.Brunswick@uk.ac.cam.cl  Disclaimer.  Short sig rules!

garyb@abekrd.co.uk (Gary Bartlett) (03/25/91)

In <1991Mar20.161049.26776@cl.cam.ac.uk> bdb@cl.cam.ac.uk (Brian Brunswick) writes:
>Several people have noticed that the new version of !Largeness crashes badly
>on 310s. This is because the WimpSlot value in the !Run file is set
>too small - 16K, since I didn't test the new version (which has lots of
>extra code for the tiny view window) on anything other than a 440.
>Just go in and edit the !Run file to set this to 32K, or 24K may work -
>I'm not yet sure.

Yes, 24k is sufficient.

Loved the tiny view window.

Keep up the good work and lets see better support for this type of thing
in future operating system releases.
Gary C. Bartlett               NET: Gary.Bartlett@abekrd.co.uk
Abekas Video Systems Ltd.     UUCP: ...!uunet!mcsun!ukc!abekrd!Gary.Bartlett
12 Portman Rd,   Reading,    PHONE: +44 734 585421
Berkshire.       RG3 1EA.      FAX: +44 734 567904
United Kingdom.              TELEX: 847579