[comp.sys.acorn] no subject

gtoal@tharr.UUCP (Graham Toal) (04/08/91)

In article <6208@acorn.co.uk> aglover@acorn.co.uk (Alan Glover) writes:
>(Another general point - since the A3000 is not, strictly speaking, an
>Archimedes - it is a BBC A3000 computer - I will be differentiating between
>the distinct families of machines by their CPU, ie 6502 or ARM based. Unless
>I qualify the statement 6502 includes CMOS 6502s, 6512 etc, and ARM is ARM2
>or ARM3.)

Surely by operating system would be better?  Those unix binaries don't
run too well on my 310 :-)  Also, 6502 code might run OK under one or
other of the emulators.

I recently resurrected a Beeb for use as a video-games box at work during
our regular Friday-evening pissups; I'll post some of the systems software
I found when going through my old disks: I've got a *great* rom which
emulates most of the master extensions on an ordinary beeb...

Graham