[comp.sys.acorn] Moderation of the comp.acorn.sources & comp.acorn.binaries

vanaards@p4.cs.man.ac.uk (Steven van Aardt) (04/10/91)

  OK, we here in Manchester have been waiting for something to appear in
either of these groups - I've even posted a few odds and ends but nothing
is registered. Where are all these fabulous postings - can't the moderator
cope ? or is it a fault with the system at our end. If the moderator is
unable to manage with the quantity of postings then I'm afraid it's back
to posting to eunet.micro.acorn or comp.sys.acorn. Perhaps both these
groups (sources & binaries) should be unmoderated (well self-moderated).

Steven van Aardt.
.

  -       JANET E-mail : vanaards@uk.ac.man.cs.p4 (Steven van Aardt)       --
  -- Warning this user has been designated for termination on the 21.6.91  --

aglover@acorn.co.uk (Alan Glover) (04/11/91)

>  OK, we here in Manchester have been waiting for something to appear in
>either of these groups - I've even posted a few odds and ends but nothing
>is registered. Where are all these fabulous postings - can't the moderator
>cope ? or is it a fault with the system at our end. If the moderator is
>unable to manage with the quantity of postings then I'm afraid it's back
>to posting to eunet.micro.acorn or comp.sys.acorn. Perhaps both these
>groups (sources & binaries) should be unmoderated (well self-moderated). >
>Steven van Aardt.

The lack of postings is due to two things:

1) The delay while I arranged a tool to allow me to post to the moderated
groups (which I now have).

2) The delay while I waited for people's opinions to arrive regarding the
method of posting.

New versions of !Submit and !Extract are being prepared for posting (or will
be when a bug in tar is fixed :-) ), and I hope are going to be the
inaugural posting next week.

As for being unable to cope with the quantity of postings .... if only!

Alan

Julian.Wright@comp.vuw.ac.nz (John Julian Wright) (04/12/91)

In article <6323@acorn.co.uk>, aglover@acorn.co.uk (Alan Glover) writes:
|> 2) The delay while I waited for people's opinions to arrive regarding the
|> method of posting.

Well I for one do not care which method is in use... so long as I have the
appropriate encryption/decryption utility. Spark files can be simulated by
using ARC followed by UUENCODE, but already many people have access to !Spark.

On the other hand if !Submit/!Extract is made available, I have no problems
with using that either.

In the meantime, I suspect that !Spark will be used...

    Cheers, Julian.
--
; I would if I could but I can't so I won't but I might if I find I can later ;