[comp.sys.acorn] TeX now on info server

Albert.Koelmans@newcastle.ac.uk (Albert Koelmans) (04/12/91)

The latest version of Graham Toal's TeX port is now available from the
Newcastle info server. Please grab the index file for info on file names.

PLEASE address all enquiries to Graham - I know nothing whatsoever about
possible changes to the software.

To retrieve a file from the archive, send a message to
info-server@newcastle.ac.uk with the following content:

line-limit 1000
request: sources
topic: archimedes filename
request: end

where filename is replaced by the name of the file that you want.
A filename of 'index' will send you the latest index file.

JANET:  Albert.Koelmans@uk.ac.newcastle
UUCP:   ...!ukc!newcastle.ac.uk!Albert.Koelmans
Computing Laboratory, University of Newcastle upon Tyne,
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU, UK (telephone +44 091-2228155,fax 2228232)

gtoal@tharr.UUCP (Graham Toal) (04/13/91)

In article <1991Apr12.083017.29163@newcastle.ac.uk> Albert.Koelmans@newcastle.ac.uk (Albert Koelmans) writes:

>The latest version of Graham Toal's TeX port is now available from the
>Newcastle info server. Please grab the index file for info on file names.
>
>PLEASE address all enquiries to Graham - I know nothing whatsoever about
>possible changes to the software.

The big change is a piece of work contributed by Ian Young in Edinburgh.
He's fixed most of our bugs in the previewer, so it can now output draw
files which print correctly with Risc Os drivers. (Except postscript, because
Acorn don't convert outline fonts to postscript in their driver).

Paul Allen (also of Edinburgh - centre of the computer world ;-) ) has
updated the Latex style files considerably.

I have also restructured the directories a little, so that from now on
I can release net upgrades to individual sections without having to
copy umpteen disks! (And I've started putting stuff under RCS to keep
track of whats what)

This release is (against my better judgment - I know it will cause problems)
Sparkived so is down to (I think) 18 disks from the original 30.  And it
is structured such that you won't have to decompress the bits you're not
using.

Graham

PS internet archive sites -- please update your copies.

PPS There are already some pending changes -- after I built this, Acorn sent
me mail saying 'version (blah) of stubs is now the official release'.  I'll
update newcastle as soon as I get a copy.  Also, the TeX release now includes
some *licensed* (I had to pay for them :-( ) Acorn modules, so there's a big
pile of legalese licencing conditions I have to type in and add to the
readme file.  Very roughly, the rules are that if you get an acorn module
with TeX, you're only allowed to use it with TeX.
--
(* Posted from tharr.uucp - Public Access Unix - +44 (234) 720202 *)

gaspar@urz.unibas.ch (04/15/91)

In article <1991Apr12.083017.29163@newcastle.ac.uk>, Albert.Koelmans@newcastle.ac.uk (Albert Koelmans) writes:

> The latest version of Graham Toal's TeX port is now available from the
> Newcastle info server. Please grab the index file for info on file names.
>
> PLEASE address all enquiries to Graham - I know nothing whatsoever about
> possible changes to the software.

It would be great if the changes to TeX could be published here in this group!

laci

Albert.Koelmans@newcastle.ac.uk (Albert Koelmans) (04/16/91)

gaspar@urz.unibas.ch writes:

>It would be great if the changes to TeX could be published here in this group!

See Graham's followup. I've saved his reply on the info server. It's called
tex_texchanges.

Albert