[comp.sys.acorn] No "Press Space" message

walther@econ.vu.nl (Walther Schoonenberg/10000) (04/24/91)

In message <1991Apr23.135553.17810@newcastle.ac.uk>
J.W.Harley@newcastle.ac.uk (Jon Harley) writes:

>I've seen a couple of desktop apps which take over the whole screen while
>they're active (ie the iconbar icon has been clicked), then return to the
>desktop afterwards without the "Press SPACE or click mouse to return to
>desktop" message. (...)
>I'm trying to do this for some PD software I'm writing - how is it done?

Well, if you set up a command window (by using Wimp_CommandWindow) you
can specify if you want a "Press SPACE..." message or not (see PRM). Of
course you do not want a command window (you want the whole screen) but
maybe this is one step towards the solution of your problem. I guess the
programs who do what you want also first set up a command window and after
that takes the whole screen.

Disclaimer: I do not have the PRM's at work, so I am using my memory alone.

Walther Schoonenberg
Vakgroep Econometrie
Faculteit der Econonomische Wetenschappen en Econometrie   *       *    * * *
Vrije Universiteit                                         *   *   *   *
De Boelelaan 1105                                          *   *   *    * *
1081 HV Amsterdam                                          *   *   *        *
The Netherlands                                              *   *     * * *
(020) 5483609                                              walther@econ.vu.nl

jho@imada.dk (Jens H. Ovesen) (04/26/91)

walther@econ.vu.nl (Walther Schoonenberg/10000) writes:

>In message <1991Apr23.135553.17810@newcastle.ac.uk>
>J.W.Harley@newcastle.ac.uk (Jon Harley) writes:

>>I've seen a couple of desktop apps which take over the whole screen while
>>they're active (ie the iconbar icon has been clicked), then return to the
>>desktop afterwards without the "Press SPACE or click mouse to return to
>>desktop" message. (...)
>>I'm trying to do this for some PD software I'm writing - how is it done?

You could try fx 125 (no newline) in the end of your obey-file. That'll do the
trick.

...Jens