[comp.sys.acorn] Ghostscript - C Library Problems?

colin@gouldnl.encore.nl (Colin Smale) (05/13/91)

Is anyone else having problems getting Ghostscript running?  Mine
complains about the C library being out of date, whatever version
I try, including with the recently posted V3.66 and with the pukka
V3.50.  There is a note in the !Help file saying it was made with
a non-standard C library; it should apparently work with any V3.XX.

To whoever has got it working...what version of the C library are you
using, and what's its datestamp?

dahe@cl.cam.ac.uk (David Elworthy) (05/13/91)

In article <14375@gouldnl.encore.nl> colin@gouldnl.encore.nl (Colin Smale) writes:
>Is anyone else having problems getting Ghostscript running?  Mine
>complains about the C library being out of date, whatever version
>I try, including with the recently posted V3.66 and with the pukka
>V3.50.  There is a note in the !Help file saying it was made with
>a non-standard C library; it should apparently work with any V3.XX.
>
>To whoever has got it working...what version of the C library are you
>using, and what's its datestamp?

This is the second person who has mentioned this problem. I've also been told
by a couple of people that it worked OK. I'll have a further look at this and
report back. Sorry for any inconvenience this is causing - I simply don't have
the standard RISCOS 2/C rel.3 environment around any more. If anyone else
solves the problem, perhaps they could post what they did. It may just need
recompilation.

-- david elworthy

gunnar@hotb.radig.de (Gunnar Zoetl) (05/16/91)

colin@gouldnl.encore.nl (Colin Smale) writes:

>Is anyone else having problems getting Ghostscript running?  Mine
>complains about the C library being out of date, whatever version
>I try, including with the recently posted V3.66 and with the pukka
>V3.50.  There is a note in the !Help file saying it was made with
>a non-standard C library; it should apparently work with any V3.XX.

the  problem seems to  be the  CLIB. A disassembly  of the call to the
CLIB sais that the program wants to have  CLIB  Version !4.0! - what's
this?  Well, seems that Alan  Glover has  not tested this Program in a
standart Archie environment (in fact, the  Wimpslotsize of  200K was a
bit small, too. The unsqueezed binary is more than 200K in size).
This gives me the impression, that this Program has not been tested at all.
What was again the moderators job?

Well, never mind this one...

Gunnar