[comp.sys.acorn] File icon in dialogue box

walther@econ.vu.nl (Walther Schoonenberg/10000) (05/14/91)

I'm writing an application in C (for Lingenuity) and use a file info dialogue
box (like the one in Edit etc.). But I cannot make a file icon appear in this
dialogue box. I use the dbox routines while I made my template by means of
!FormEd. Whatever I specify in this template no file icon appears. Maybe I
must change the template data before I set up this dialogue box but I don't
know what and how. Can anyone out there help me, please ?

Thanks in advance.

Walther Schoonenberg
Vakgroep Econometrie
Faculteit der Econonomische Wetenschappen en Econometrie   *       *    * * *
Vrije Universiteit                                         *   *   *   *
De Boelelaan 1105                                          *   *   *    * *
1081 HV Amsterdam                                          *   *   *        *
The Netherlands                                              *   *     * * *
(020) 5483609                                              walther@econ.vu.nl
Disclaimer :  The views expressed above are those of the author alone and may
(in fact *do*) not represent the views of the University.

nbvs@cl.cam.ac.uk (Nicko van Someren) (05/18/91)

In article <771@.econ.vu.nl> walther@econ.vu.nl (Walther Schoonenberg/10000) writes:

>I'm writing an application in C (for Lingenuity) and use a file info dialogue
>box (like the one in Edit etc.). But I cannot make a file icon appear in this
>dialogue box.

Have you tried:

#include "fileicon.h"
fileicon((wimp_w) dbox_syshandle(my_dialog), my_file_icon, the_file_type);

This sets up the icon to be a sprite of the right type for the file type.  Also
have you checked that the sprite area for the window is specifed to be 1 (i.e.
the shared wimp sripte area)?

Nicko

| Nicko van Someren, nbvs@cl.cam.ac.uk, (44) 223 358707 or (44) 860 498903    |