** 1)

From: Simon Levitt <CCA90031@ibm3090.computer-centre.birmingham.ac.uk>

(Note the shorter form below on the second message - Alan)

Subject: Re. A posting to news

Could you post the following article on news
for me, I don't have access to it, so I would
be most grateful if you could.

------ Begining of Article ------------------

Re. Soundtrackers..

This is my first posting to news, So I'll apologise now if this has come up bef
ore.

I have a few questions regarding Hugo's Sound Tracker modules:

1) Which version of tracker are we meant to be using, I've been
   *flooded* with them recently ranging from v1.04 through to
   v2.06!, which is the version that we are *meant* to be using???
   i.e Which is going to become the norm???

2) Is anyone out there planning to write a version of Julian Wright and
   Robbie Steele's Desktop front end for Tracker v2.06??

3) Why doesn't Hugo put SWI's into the Tracker module to obtain information
   about the current tune playing? It would be much easier than trying to
   either hack one of the Desktop Apps or working it out for yourself!. I can't
   see that putting these SWI calls into the module would affect the playing
   at all. It would also mean that new versions of the DT Apps wouldn't have to
   be written for each new version of the Module.

4) One final point, Does anyone know how to change the volume of a tracker??

I would be most interested by any comments on the above subjects..

** 2)

From: Reuben Wells <CCA90051@ibm3090.computer-centre.birmingham.ac.uk>
Subject: News ...

I recently posted an article asking about how !Edit manages
to time slice non multi tasking programs in its task window. I got a
grand total of ZERO replies, does nobody know ??? Oh hum it looks
like I am going to have to dissassemble it.
Any information though would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Reuben Wells.

P.S The email address can be abriviated to cca90051 @ uk.ac.bham.ibm3090

aglover@acorn.co.uk - Moderator of comp.binaries.acorn/comp.sources.acorn
Mail submissions to submit@acorn.co.uk, other mail to moderator@acorn.co.uk

Julian.Wright@comp.vuw.ac.nz (Julian Wright) (05/23/91)

From: Simon Levitt <CCA90031@ibm3090.computer-centre.birmingham.ac.uk>

|> Re. Soundtrackers..
|>
|> 2) Is anyone out there planning to write a version of Julian Wright and
|>    Robbie Steele's Desktop front end for Tracker v2.06??

If someone would like to point me in the direction of V2.06 of the
playmodules I will gladly update the Wimp Interface. It has been
significantly enhanced since V2.66 was posted to c.b.a. Now at V2.73, it
has fast-forward and rewind facilities, volume control, a pitch window,
and a carousel into which you can drag STMs for sequenced playing, among
other things. But if I can upgrade it to PM V2.06 I will do so before
sending it to c.b.a again...

|> 4) One final point, Does anyone know how to change the volume of a
|> tracker??

See above. :-)

    Cheers, Julian.

PS. How does one submit software to the info server? Send mail to
Albert.Koelmans@newcastle.ac.uk? Thanks.
--
; I would if I could but I can't so I won't but I might if I find I can later ;

Albert.Koelmans@newcastle.ac.uk (Albert Koelmans) (05/23/91)

Julian.Wright@comp.vuw.ac.nz (Julian Wright) writes:

>PS. How does one submit software to the info server? Send mail to
>Albert.Koelmans@newcastle.ac.uk? Thanks.

Yep.

Albert