[comp.sys.acorn] SML on an A310?

marksv%t3a@uk.ac.man.cs (marksv) (05/20/91)

	Does anyone know of a PD implementation of SML that will work on
an A310? I saw one a while back, but needed a 2M wimpslot...

Cheers,
Vaughan

Vaughan Marks     email: marksv@uk.ac.man.cs.p4
Secretary SSCC    uucp:  ...!uunet!cunyvm.cuny.edu!cs.man.ac.uk!p4!marksv
Std Disclaimer    RTFM ;-)

cs9h9tts@cybaswan.UUCP (t.simpson) (05/24/91)

In article <2546@m1.cs.man.ac.uk> marksv%t3a@uk.ac.man.cs (marksv) writes:

>	Does anyone know of a PD implementation of SML that will work on
>an A310? I saw one a while back, but needed a 2M wimpslot...
>
>Cheers,
>Vaughan

As far as I know, there is only one implememtation of SML, Andrew Stevens
version, this indeed at first sight does need two megs, however, check
out the tml file, this starts it up in a meg.

... oops sorry, forgot, initially, it needs a 2M machine to create a core
file, after that it only needs a meg.  Get a friend with 2m to run it
initially, that's what I did.

Tom.

adam@ste.dyn.bae.co.uk (Adam Curtin) (05/29/91)

In article <2529@cybaswan.UUCP> cs9h9tts@cybaswan.UUCP (t.simpson) writes:
>In article <2546@m1.cs.man.ac.uk> marksv%t3a@uk.ac.man.cs (marksv) writes:
>>
>>	Does anyone know of a PD implementation of SML that will work on
>>an A310? I saw one a while back, but needed a 2M wimpslot...
>
>... oops sorry, forgot, initially, it needs a 2M machine to create a core
>file, after that it only needs a meg.  Get a friend with 2m to run it
>initially, that's what I did.

Nope, if you really squeeze down the wimpslot requirements and configure a
REALLY tight machine (unplugging unnecessary rom modules, configure smallest
screen mode) you can create the core file on from tml on an A310. I did it.

It's better with more memory though!

Adam
--
Who was the worst poet in the Galaxy in the original radio broadcast of HHGTTG,
later changed to Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings on lawyers' advice?