[comp.sys.acorn] additions/replacements on info server

Albert.Koelmans@newcastle.ac.uk (Albert Koelmans) (03/27/91)

The following files have been withdrawn from the infoserver:
disc1 disc2 disc3 disc4 disc5.

They have been replaced by more up to date versions, which are called:
(I think some of these are actually new)
bison diff flex gawk grep indent lib library make makeport
nro patch rcs rh ro sed shar tr2tex utils xfmt

The following file has been replaced:
bascrnch

There is a new version of placeit which uses the MesTrans module. It is
called placeit_mes (it is version 1.09)

To retrieve a file from the archive, send a message to
info-server@newcastle.ac.uk with the following content:

line-limit 1000
request: sources
topic: archimedes filename
request: end

where filename is replaced by the name of the file that you want.
A filename of 'index' will send you the latest index file.
JANET:  Albert.Koelmans@uk.ac.newcastle
UUCP:   ...!ukc!newcastle.ac.uk!Albert.Koelmans
Computing Laboratory, University of Newcastle upon Tyne,
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7RU, UK (telephone +44 091-2228155,fax 2228232)

Albert.Koelmans@newcastle.ac.uk (Albert Koelmans) (04/30/91)

John Kortink's translator and creator utilities have been replaced by the
latest versions. There are also two new utilities:
greyedit    a grey scale editor
vduobject   which translates vdu sequences to draw files.

Other new software (courtesy of Ian Rawlings) :

boot_util      A utility for use with boot files
cmos           a utility to save/restore battery backed ram
fortune        another fortune cookie program
memc_roms      program to speed up memc access to roms
null           program to test for null events.

jho@imada.ou.dk (Jens H. Ovesen) (05/01/91)

Albert.Koelmans@newcastle.ac.uk (Albert Koelmans) writes:

>To retrieve a file from the archive, send a message to
>info-server@newcastle.ac.uk with the following content:

>line-limit 1000
>request: sources
>topic: archimedes filename
>request: end

>where filename is replaced by the name of the file that you want.
>A filename of 'index' will send you the latest index file.

Well, I've been trying to do this for weeks now. I haven't got any reply yet.
I've even mailed you (Albert Koelman), without any answer.
Is there something wrong in my end?

Jens.

Albert.Koelmans@newcastle.ac.uk (Albert Koelmans) (05/02/91)

jho@imada.ou.dk (Jens H. Ovesen) writes:

>Well, I've been trying to do this for weeks now. I haven't got any reply yet.
>I've even mailed you (Albert Koelman), without any answer.
>Is there something wrong in my end?

I received your message, and replied to it. I never received a rejection.

I would try to add a new line to your mail headers saying

If that doesn't help I would not know what to try instead.

Long live the european network connections.....

Albert

jho@imada.ou.dk (Jens H. Ovesen) (05/03/91)

Albert.Koelmans@newcastle.ac.uk (Albert Koelmans) writes:

>jho@imada.ou.dk (Jens H. Ovesen) writes:

>>Well, I've been trying to do this for weeks now. I haven't got any reply yet.

>I received your message, and replied to it. I never received a rejection.
I did get your reply. Weird.

Jens.

Albert.Koelmans@newcastle.ac.uk (Albert Koelmans) (05/31/91)

New and updated software from Brian Brunswick.

New:

links - implements runnable soft links, which can be created by
ctrl-dragging.

memmap - show where all the memory pages are going.

Updates for sticky and largeness.

!Sticky is now in C, and has autosave, hide, and window menu on iconbar
features.

!Largeness is a version using a module by pmf, which fixes up scroll
bar and other bounds problems.

New software submitted by Stuart Cupit:

star - a star field demo program.