[comp.sys.acorn] Pd Index

cstaqba@warwick.ac.uk (Bubbles) (06/02/91)

I am kept up to date with the datafile pd index and can make it avaliable
to you if you send me a small message at the address shown below. The index
is very large (over 200k), every file is described and many now have version
numbers and author's names.
The Data File PD provide discs at 1 pound each and offer one of the cheapest
sources of pd avaliable.

I would appreciate any comments on the thought of sending a compressed index
to one of the acorn news groups and then sending updates as they become
avaliable.

Please note that I am offering this service free and am making nothing out of
it.

,--------------------------------------------------------------------------.
| Uk (Janet) address:        cstaqba@uk.ac.warwick.cu                      |
| Short world address:       cstaqba@cu.warwick.ac.uk                      |
| Full world address:        cstaqba%cu.warwick.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk   |
| Alternative world address: cstaqba%cu.warwick.ac.uk@cunyvm.cuny.edu      |

gtoal@castle.ed.ac.uk (G Toal) (06/02/91)

In article <J|2_MK@warwick.ac.uk> cstaqba@warwick.ac.uk (Bubbles) writes:
>The Data File PD provide discs at 1 pound each and offer one of the cheapest
>sources of pd avaliable.
>
>Please note that I am offering this service free and am making nothing out of
>it.

Very public spirited of you!  So if I were to send you a floppy for
something in a stamped-addressed return mailer, you'd copy onto it
for free, right?

cstaqba@warwick.ac.uk (Bubbles) (06/03/91)

In article <10750@castle.ed.ac.uk> gtoal@castle.ed.ac.uk (G Toal) writes:
>>The Data File PD provide discs at 1 pound each and offer one of the cheapest
>>sources of pd avaliable.
>>
>>Please note that I am offering this service free and am making nothing out of
>>it.

>Very public spirited of you!  So if I were to send you a floppy for
>something in a stamped-addressed return mailer, you'd copy onto it
>for free, right?

Correct. I do not mind offering this. However how do you know what software I
have? You may have thought that I was the DataFile Pd however I am not. I have
supplied a considerable amount of Pd to the datafile pd and hence have got to
know the person who runs it quite well.

I am presently working on a library of the software I own (about 600 discs so
there must be some considerable repetition) and am sending any pd which is not
in the datafile library to the library. This I hope will allow the Datafile to
become not only the cheapest but the largest. My interest is the fact that I
collect Pd and thus by helping out with a pd library my own collection grows.
When I have finished my index I shall send some information to this group. You
will then be able to swap new software on a free basis. (I may be able to
supply discs + postage at a cost of about 70p [25p for jiffy, 40p for disc and
5p for postage] per disc as long as there are more than four five discs since
postage is more expensive for fewer discs. I am not sure on this however I
welcome ALL comments, mail me first!)

You may send any discs etc to the following address:

            Mr. A.E.Hersee
            The Red House,
            Tallington,
            Nr. STAMFORD
            Lincs.
            PE9 4RP.

Please note my parents have to forward all letters to my present address which
is continuously changing (well over the comming holiday it will change) so it
may take a while for a response. I also have exams at the moment.

NOTE:- any discs sent without return postage may not be returned unless you
you include some NEW software on the disc I am presently looking for the new
version of !65Host and !ChangeFSI avaliable off SID. Please mail me to arrange
any software swaps.

Please note I do NOT run a Pd library, however I am allways on the look out for
new software and am willing to swap software on a free basis.