[comp.sys.acorn] How to create EPS

jochen@hotb.radig.de (Jochen Dornauf) (06/03/91)

Hi folks,
i have the strong need to create
Encapsulated Postscript outof Drawings i made with !Draw.
The Postscript-Driver i have produces a thing i can print
whith Apple Laserwrite, but i am not able to include this
in my TeX-Documents, which are successfuly printed too.

So: Who knows something to solve this Problem?
(A Postscript to EPS converter could to probably the job??)

Thanks in advance

If nothing helps, i have to use glue...

Jochen Dornauf
dornauf@zgdvda.uucp
jochen@jogi.radig.de (private)
Germany, Offenbach

cabr07@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (06/04/91)

In article <1991Jun3.123512.18120@hotb.radig.de>, jochen@hotb.radig.de (Jochen Dornauf) writes:
> Hi folks,
> i have the strong need to create
> Encapsulated Postscript outof Drawings i made with !Draw.
> The Postscript-Driver i have produces a thing i can print
> whith Apple Laserwrite, but i am not able to include this
> in my TeX-Documents, which are successfuly printed too.
>
> So: Who knows something to solve this Problem?
> (A Postscript to EPS converter could to probably the job??)

> Jochen Dornauf

I had the same problem and the solution (using psfig tex macros to include the
figure) is to move the line near the end of the PS created in from your
drawfile

%%BoundingBox 345 215 678 436

to the begining of the file replacing the line

%%BoundingBox (atend)

which you should delete.   You also need to delete the line in the file which
is

a4

all on a line by itself.  Making these changes works for the files I have
tried.

Gordon.
|G.N.Sinclair               | JANET:   G.N.Sinclair@uk.ac.strath.vaxa          |
|Physics & Applied Phys Dept| BITNET:  G.N.Sinclair%vaxa.strath.ac.uk@UKACRL   |
|Strathclyde University     | UUCP:    G.N.Sinclair%vaxa.strath.ac.uk@ukc.uucp |
|107 Rottenrow      |Internet:G.N.Sinclair%vaxa.strath.ac.uk@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk|
|Glasgow G4 0NG, Scotland   |                                                  |