[comp.sys.acorn] Vidc enhancer mode designer?

kelvin@thed (Kelvin Hill) (06/07/91)

Does anyone have or know where I can obtain (free or commercial) a mode
designer that takes into account the little 36Mhz VIDC enhancer boards.
I bought one of these (highly recommendable) toys a little while ago.
Although it comes with modes set up for a variety of different multisync
monitors including Taxan and Eizo, it does not have any tool for customising
the modes for a different make of multisync. I have a (Watford Elec supplied)
Panansonic multisync which does not quite work with any of the supplied
modules. The closest is that for the Taxan 795 but it's not perfect.
Can anyone help?

Kelvin.

--
Kelvin J. Hill - BULL HN Information System Ltd, Hounslow, England, UK.
Internet - kelvin@kelvin.uk22.bull.com  | UUCP - kelvin@compulink.co.uk

nbvs@cl.cam.ac.uk (Nicko van Someren) (06/08/91)

In article <kelvin.676297805@thed> kelvin@thed (Kelvin Hill) writes:
>Does anyone have or know where I can obtain (free or commercial) a mode
>designer that takes into account the little 36Mhz VIDC enhancer boards.

The new Atomwide VIDC enhancer looks very good indeed (before some one flames
me, no I didn't write it :-).  Not only does it give you control over ALL the
VIDC parameters in a very useable way, it also has things like test cards and
a rather natty way to make sure that the displayed area gets centred.

I think that it costs about a fiver but less if you send Atomwide a disc with
one of there labels on it as proof of purchase of an Atomwide product.  You
can call them on 0689 838852.  I have a 'late beta-test' copy which has fewer
bugs in it than many production pieces of software I have seen.

Nicko

| Nicko van Someren, nbvs@cl.cam.ac.uk, (44) 223 358707 or (44) 860 498903    |