[comp.sys.acorn] Colour Printing

edwardsc@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk (Chris Edwards) (06/13/91)

We are using an Integrex Colourjet 132 printer with an (oldish) A310.
Using the RISC OS driver (!PrinterIx version 2.46 06-Nov-90), it works fine
for around half a page, then starts printing spurious ASCII characters for a
while, then returns to normal printing.

Any ideas what could be wrong ?

Has anyone successfully used the Colourjet 132 with the PDriver ?

Cheers

Chris Edwards
--
ARPA:   edwardsc%uk.ac.glasgow.dcs@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk
USENET: edwardsc@cs.glasgow.uucp

pcolmer@acorn.co.uk (Philip Colmer) (06/14/91)

In article <1991Jun13.090759.28902@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk> edwardsc@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk (Chris Edwards) writes:

>We are using an Integrex Colourjet 132 printer with an (oldish) A310.
>Using the RISC OS driver (!PrinterIx version 2.46 06-Nov-90), it works fine
>for around half a page, then starts printing spurious ASCII characters for a
>while, then returns to normal printing.

You need to take your A310 to your local Acorn dealer and ask him to do the
parallel port fix (Field Change Order 2002).

This *should* solve the problem.

--Fil.

Philip Colmer, XX Xxxxxxx Xxxxxx, Acorn Computers Ltd (pcolmer@acorn.co.uk)
               RISC OS team :-)

gilbertd%t2d@uk.ac.man.cs (gilbertd) (06/14/91)

In article <1991Jun13.090759.28902@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk> edwardsc@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk (Chris Edwards) writes:
>We are using an Integrex Colourjet 132 printer with an (oldish) A310.
>Using the RISC OS driver (!PrinterIx version 2.46 06-Nov-90), it works fine
>for around half a page, then starts printing spurious ASCII characters for a
>while, then returns to normal printing.

I seem to remember at one point there being a fault in the printer ports of one
of the Arc series - I suspect the A300 series - it was dealer curable.

>Has anyone successfully used the Colourjet 132 with the PDriver ?
Yes.
- Dave Gilbert - gilbertd@p4.cs.man.ac.uk - The MTBF of a piece of equipment  -
-                G7FHJ@GB7NWP             - is inversly proportional to its   -
------------------------------------------- importance                        -

spayne@acorn.co.uk (Stuart Payne) (06/14/91)

In article <1991Jun13.090759.28902@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk>
edwardsc@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk (Chris Edwards) writes:

>We are using an Integrex Colourjet 132 printer with an (oldish) A310.
>Using the RISC OS driver (!PrinterIx version 2.46 06-Nov-90), it works fine
>for around half a page, then starts printing spurious ASCII characters for a
>while, then returns to normal printing.
>
>Any ideas what could be wrong ?

A classic example, of a A310 requiring FCO2002 (aka the parallel port mod,
aka the Intergrex fix).

The FCO (field change order) can be made by any Acorn dealer or service
centre, and is *FREE*.

As a guide A310s with serial numbers prior to 27-AKB15-1017351 will require
the FCO. This is only a guide as a machine that has had any sort of service
history may well have had the FCO done. Also machines that have had serious
faults within warrenty may well have had their PCB changed, in which case
they will have recieved a board with the FCO made.

-Stuart