[comp.sys.acorn] SCSI interfaces - backgrou

pmoore@cix.compulink.co.uk (Paul Moore) (06/26/91)

In a comp.sys.acorn article, torq@tardis.computer-science.edinburgh.ac.uk says-
:

> Since acorn have released riscix to ordinary archimedes owners it
> might be of some benefit to know this..

RiscIX for the Archimedes? Tell me more! How much does it cost? What hardware
does it require? I have an A310 upgraded to 4Mbytes, and an 80M hard disk. Is
this adequate?

Paul Moore.

------------------------- pmoore@cix.compulink.co.uk --------------------------

torq@tardis.computer-science.edinburgh.ac.uk (06/28/91)

In article <1991Jun25.184341.1791@demon.co.uk> Paul Moore <pmoore@cix.compulink.co.uk> writes:

>RiscIX for the Archimedes? Tell me more! How much does it cost? What hardware
>does it require? I have an A310 upgraded to 4Mbytes, and an 80M hard disk. Is
>this adequate?

It was mentioned in the July Acorn User, price is 1000 quid, which is not at
all unreasonable for a full bsd unix, microcare come and install it on your
HD for you. 80 meg is gonna be a bit limiting, needs about 100 meg at least
to use it realistically.

I got the info from support@mcare.uucp, if you email them theyll send you a
standard letter with all the information about it.

Andy