[comp.sys.acorn] Fonts

csubt@warwick.ac.uk (Zenith) (01/12/91)

I have now got too many fonts to all fit onto one floppy disc.  I have seen a
number of references implying that you can set the variable <Font$Path> to
search more than one directory.  I have tried to set it to search more than
one disk, but without success.  Is this actually possible and if so, how?

Liam Corner

zenith@uk.ac.warwick.cs
csubt@uk.ac.warwick.cu

ferdo@neabbs.UUCP (FERDINAND OEINCK) (06/26/91)

If someone outthere wants to use his Type 1 PostScript fonts on the
Archimedes, he can contact me.
ferdinand.
email: neabbs!ferdo@nluug.nl

gtoal@castle.ed.ac.uk (G Toal) (06/27/91)

In article <699428@neabbs.UUCP> ferdo@neabbs.UUCP (FERDINAND OEINCK) writes:
:If someone outthere wants to use his Type 1 PostScript fonts on the
:Archimedes, he can contact me.

What a weird posting!  Of course we all want to know - tell us how!
Do you mean you've hacked code to turn a Type I font into a RISC OS
outline font?  If yes, it would make a great comp.sources.acorn posting...

Graham

) (06/27/91)

In article <699428@neabbs.UUCP> ferdo@neabbs.UUCP (FERDINAND OEINCK) writes:
>If someone outthere wants to use his Type 1 PostScript fonts on the
>Archimedes, he can contact me.

What I *really* want is a PostScript driver which will download fonts if they
don't exist on the printer.  *That* would be useful!

							Ug!

ferdo@neabbs.UUCP (FERDINAND OEINCK) (06/28/91)

>What I *really* want is a PostScript driver which will download fonts
if they
>don't exist on the printer.  *That* would be useful!
>
> Ug!

Suppose you have a postscript printer.
ferdinand.
 .

gpvos@cs.vu.nl (Gerben 'P' Vos) (06/28/91)

ferdo@neabbs.UUCP (FERDINAND OEINCK) writes:
>Ug! writes:

>>What I *really* want is a PostScript driver which will download fonts
>>if they don't exist on the printer.  *That* would be useful!

>Suppose you have a postscript printer.

Suppose you've read *Asterisk*. Postscript printers usually don't have all
fonts that your computer has.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . G e r b e n   V o s   <><
Aconet: BIGBEN!Gerben Vos  Internet: gpvos@cs.vu.nl
Acorn Electron rules!

) (07/01/91)

Gerben 'P' Vos writes:

> Suppose you've read *Asterisk*. Postscript printers usually don't have all
> fonts that your computer has.

That's why I want a driver which will download the fonts that aren't there.
That way I can tell the driver which fonts the printer has, and the rest it
will download.  If Apple can do it, why can't Acorn?

							Ug!