[comp.sys.novell] LocalTalk cards in a Novell server

tom@convex1.tcs.tulane.edu (Tom Gerace) (12/11/90)

We would like to put a LocalTalk card in our PS/2 Novell server.
Do I have to get the Novell LocalTalk card, or will any of
the off-the-shelf cards (like the Daystar card) work fine
for this purpose?

If they will work, what are the advantages (if any) with going
with any particular card?

Thanks in advance!

Tom Gerace   tom@convex1.TCS.Tulane.edu
Manager, Consultants Bureau
Tulane Computing Services
Tulane University
New Orleans, Louisiana

boerner@ut-emx.uucp (Brendan B. Boerner) (12/15/90)

In article <5359@rex.cs.tulane.edu> tom@convex1.tcs.tulane.edu (Tom Gerace) writes:
>We would like to put a LocalTalk card in our PS/2 Novell server.
>Do I have to get the Novell LocalTalk card, or will any of
>the off-the-shelf cards (like the Daystar card) work fine
>for this purpose?

Last I heard, Novell was no longer making/selling the LocalTalk
boards.  Get a DL/2 from Daystar.

Brendan
--
Brendan B. Boerner		Phone: 512/471-3241