[comp.sys.novell] PopDrop Plus

abreen@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Alex Breen) (12/14/90)

Hello,
	Has anybody out there used PopDrop Plus(2.0) to load novell Net drivers
into extended memory?  Is there any other program out there to do this?  I
currently run Netware 286 V2.15C.  All suggestions are appreciated.

				Alexander Breen
				abreen@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
							(Where Else?)
				IOWA SUCKS!!!

wmah@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Wayne Mah) (12/17/90)

abreen@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Alex Breen) writes:

> Hello,
> 	Has anybody out there used PopDrop Plus(2.0) to load novell Net drivers
> into extended memory?  Is there any other program out there to do this?  I
> currently run Netware 286 V2.15C.  All suggestions are appreciated.
>
> 				Alexander Breen
> 				abreen@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
>   				University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
> 							(Where Else?)
> 				IOWA SUCKS!!!

I have PopDrop Plus 1.0 and never got it to work despite trying it on
several computers.  I do have users who use 386max 4.07 and 5.0 that
successfully load ipx and netx into high memory.

Novell has also released new ipx and netx drivers that can load into high

wmah@nro.cs.athabascau.ca (Wayne Mah) (12/17/90)

abreen@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Alex Breen) writes:

> Hello,
> 	Has anybody out there used PopDrop Plus(2.0) to load novell Net drivers
> into extended memory?  Is there any other program out there to do this?  I
> currently run Netware 286 V2.15C.  All suggestions are appreciated.
>
> 				Alexander Breen
> 				abreen@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
>   				University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
> 							(Where Else?)
> 				IOWA SUCKS!!!

Novell has new ipx and netx drivers that load into expanded or extended
memory.  The netx now comes as emsnetx or xmsnetx.  Both leave about 6K
to 7K in conventional 640K memory.  Make sure you get version 3.01 D
(they are the latest).

kenh@techbook.com (Ken Haynes) (12/21/90)

In article <1990Dec13.200318.1393@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> abreen@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Alex Breen) writes:
>Hello,
>	Has anybody out there used PopDrop Plus(2.0) to load novell Net drivers
>into extended memory?  Is there any other program out there to do this?  I
>currently run Netware 286 V2.15C.  All suggestions are appreciated.

I can't vouch for popdrop plus, but I have been using 386MAX to load the
IPX into high memory.  I also use it to load XMSNET4 into high memory, even
though I could let it try and load itself high, 386MAX does a better job!

Network Support Services:

UUCP: {nosun, sequent, tessi} kenh@techbook