[comp.sys.novell] AppleTalk and NetWare 386

tom@convex1.tcs.tulane.edu (Tom Gerace) (12/20/90)

We will soon be installing a nice big server with Novell
NetWare 386.  We have the need to attach an existing AppleTalk
network to this server, but are unsure if this is possible
with NetWare 386.

Can this be done right now?

Thanks in advance.

Tom Gerace   tom@convex1.tcs.tulane.edu
Tulane Computing Services
Tulane University
New Orleans, LA

tecot@momenta (Ed Tecot) (12/21/90)

tom@convex1.tcs.tulane.edu (Tom Gerace) writes:
>We will soon be installing a nice big server with Novell
>NetWare 386.  We have the need to attach an existing AppleTalk
>network to this server, but are unsure if this is possible
>with NetWare 386.
>
>Can this be done right now?

Yes, but you will need a second PC, a LocalTalk card, and NetWare for
Macintosh.  Using the second PC, you can build a gateway from the server
to AppleTalk.

					_emt