[comp.sys.novell] API Information Needed

silver@xrtll.uucp (Hi Ho Silver) (12/26/90)

   I'm writing a C program that needs to be able to determine:
- whether the user is logged on to a Novell network and, if so,
  - the user's login name and/or full name
  - if printer capturing is active and, if so,
    - where the first captured printer port is redirected to

   I'd appreciate any information on how to do this, or pointers to good
books on the Novell API.  Replies or followups are fine.

advTHANXance!
--
 __            __  _  | ...!nexus.yorku.edu!xrtll!silver |  always
(__  | | |  | |_  |_) >----------------------------------< searching

abrams@cs.columbia.edu (Steven Abrams) (12/27/90)

In article <1990Dec26.155114.17541@xrtll.uucp> silver@xrtll.uucp (Hi
Ho Silver) writes:
>   I'm writing a C program that needs to be able to determine:
>- whether the user is logged on to a Novell network and, if so,
>  - the user's login name and/or full name
>  - if printer capturing is active and, if so,
>    - where the first captured printer port is redirected to
>
>   I'd appreciate any information on how to do this, or pointers to good
>books on the Novell API.  Replies or followups are fine.

I'd like this information too, plus any info on how one can determine
if the network is up and running.  In otherwords, we're keeping a
workstation logged in at all times with castoff running so that in
case something bad happens to the fileserver, this station can
continue to do its processing.  If the server crashes and reboots, we
want to be able to determine this, wait for the server to be back
alive, and reconnect to it, all without a user ever touching the
keyboard.

We have the NetWare C interface for DOS, but no decent references to
how to use the stuff.  The manuals s*ck!

Thanx,

~~~Steve

--
 *