[comp.sys.novell] Beyond castoff

) (01/07/91)

In article <1991Jan2.194637.6709@momenta>, gregpf@momenta (Greg Presedo-Floyd) writes:
> Our Novell 386 3.0/3.1 server broadcasts "serious" problem messages to
> ALL of our users, regardless of having run CASTOFF.EXE.
>
> "PRINTER NAME out of paper" and "Volume VOL_NAME almost out of disk space"
> apparently cannot be stopped and interrupt code builds and other activities
> like Sytos server backup.
>
> I don't want to buy the Novell Developer's Library and write code to stop
> these messages.
>
> What should we use/do/try to get a really, really CASTOFF ?
>--

Greg,

Try CASTOFF ALL from the dos shell. That should disable all broadcasts
sent to the station from the server or another station.

Hope this helps.

Snail  -> Steve Gunn                      |        Apple II Forever !
          Muncie, Indiana 47306-0655      |
USENET -> 00csgunn@bsu-ucs.bsu.edu        |       SPACE    FOR    RENT
Genie  -> C.GUNN                          |