[comp.sys.novell] Novell 386 and SPSS/PC+ Version 4.0

panu@vaxb.acs.unt.edu (01/16/91)

Novell 386 version 3.0 and SPSS/PC+ version 4.0

Hi,

Here at Univ. of North Texas, we have SPSS/PC+ version 4.0 installed on about 5
Novell Server.  Our users on one server, however, can not execute the program.
The error message they got when trying to run the program is "Insufficient Disk
Space" and the program exit.  This server does not implement the Disk Quota,
so that shouldn't be a problem.

One major different this server has as compare to other server on campus is it
use the MAP ROOT for all user HOME directory.  May this be a problem?

By the way, I forgot to mention that SPSS/PC+ will execute without any problem
if the user uses his or her local drive as the default drive.  It will not run
if the server drive is used as default drive.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Panu Sittiwong
Academic Computing Services
University of North texas
Denton, Texas 76203
PANU@vaxb.acs.unt.edu

kenh@techbook.com (Ken Haynes) (01/18/91)

In article <1991Jan16.085655.44261@vaxb.acs.unt.edu> panu@vaxb.acs.unt.edu writes:
>Novell 386 version 3.0 and SPSS/PC+ version 4.0
>
>Hi,
>
>Here at Univ. of North Texas, we have SPSS/PC+ version 4.0 installed on about 5
>Novell Server.  Our users on one server, however, can not execute the program.
>The error message they got when trying to run the program is "Insufficient Disk
>One major different this server has as compare to other server on campus is it
>use the MAP ROOT for all user HOME directory.  May this be a problem?

What network card are you using?  We once had problems with the MAP ROOT
command and had to get an update from the vendor to regen the IPX.  The
problem went away when we upgraded with the new IPX.  You might also
check to make sure the users aren't being CD'd into a directory where they
don't have write access rights.  Some applications programs aren't very good
at reporting errors back to the user.

Ken

Network Support Services:

Ken Haynes, Certified Netware Engineer