[comp.sys.novell] ODI drivers

jamesp@world.std.com (james M peterson) (01/23/91)

Is anyone using the novell ODI drivers inplace of the std ipx/netx setup?

The only product I know of that uses the interface is poly-net from
Polygon.

Is there support for more than the novell and3com stuff (say DEPCA)?

jamesp@world.std.com  "Reality is not an industry standard"
800-227-1209 x3255
617-393-3255

jbreeden@netcom.UUCP (John Breeden) (01/23/91)

In article <1991Jan22.191034.24260@world.std.com> jamesp@world.std.com (james M peterson) writes:
>Is anyone using the novell ODI drivers inplace of the std ipx/netx setup?
>
>The only product I know of that uses the interface is poly-net from
>Polygon.
>
>Is there support for more than the novell and3com stuff (say DEPCA)?

Novell wrote the 3Com stuff, don't know of any other ethernet or TR ODI
drivers.

There is a Netware Packet Driver Shell (BYU, on sun.soe.clarkson.edu). Lots'o
TCP-IPs run on Packet Drivers.

There's also three different companies that have written Netware NDIS shells
(Hughes Lan Systems, Mountain View, Calif., Spry & WRQ, both in Seattle Wa.).

Lan Man, Vines and Netware (from above) all will run in NDIS (together). DECs
released NDIS for PCSA and of course NDIS exists for (virtually) all TCP-IPs,
DEC LAT emulators etc (including Polygon).

But Novell dosn't believe in NDIS.....................

--
 John Robert Breeden,
 netcom!jbreeden@apple.com, apple!netcom!jbreeden, ATTMAIL:!jbreeden