[comp.sys.novell] <None>

dcny@vax5.cit.cornell.edu (12/14/90)

Anyone running Netware over Corvus' Omninet?  We're trying to identify which
NIC drivers to use for the server and which to use for the workstations.  Also
wondering how far we can push Omninet -- # of workstations, # of buildings
spanned, # of hubs, total cabling distance, etc.

Stuart Kendrick                                S5K@CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL.EDU
Arts & Sciences Computer Support       Voice:  (607) 255-5080
Cornell University                     Fax:    (607) 255-1454
356 Goldwin Smith
Ithaca, NY 14853

bdahlen@zephyr.cair.du.edu (Robert L. Dahlen - U. of Denver USA=) (12/21/90)

In article <1990Dec13.181447.1598@vax5.cit.cornell.edu> dcny@vax5.cit.cornell.edu writes:
>Anyone running Netware over Corvus' Omninet?  We're trying to identify which
>NIC drivers to use for the server and which to use for the workstations.  Also
>wondering how far we can push Omninet -- # of workstations, # of buildings
>spanned, # of hubs, total cabling distance, etc.
>
>Stuart Kendrick                                S5K@CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL.EDU

We recently felt very good about putting our last Corvus Omninet to pasture.
Reasons: 1.) Novell no longer supports the boards, 2.) they are infinately
too slow, 3.) Corvus said that they would no longer write drivers for Novell,
4.) Corvus tech support gave incorrect answers 99% of the time. 5.) etc, etc.

It was actually a tough decision to replace all of those cards due to the cost
but with relatively inexpensive Ethernet and very inexpensive ARCNet, the
cost of replacing was much less than the cost of the agravation involved
with dealing with Corvus.

Bob
Robert L. Dahlen - Director, Information Systems & Technology
University of Denver - Denver, Colorado 80208 (303) 871-4385
INTERNET:bdahlen@du.edu                      BITNET:bdahlen@ducair

ih3e@batik.cs.Virginia.EDU (Ian Hoenisch) (01/26/91)

Hi, I am having problems using TCC turbo comandline compiler and Novell.
When we include all or out iinclude and library paths using -I and -L the
path is too long.  TCC only allows 128 characters.  The first thing I did
is make a drive (not a serach path) to the specific directory and then just
did -Iz: and -Lx:  This did not work.  TCC did not seem to want to expand
the z: and x: into their respective paths.  Has anyone had the same problem.
If yes, could you e-mail me your fixes or suggestions.

Thanks In Advance Ian

Ian Hoenisch (ih3e@virginia.edu) or (ih3e@uvacs.cs.virginia.edu)
Graduate Student, Computer Science Department, Thornton Hall,
University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22903-2442
Virtual reality is REAL; How real is virtuality?