[comp.sys.novell] Changing File Servers

nengle@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (nathan engle) (01/30/91)

In article <10121@cica.cica.indiana.edu> will@ogre (William Sadler) writes:
>I just purchased a 386/25 to replace my 8 mhz IBM AT as a
>file server.  What I am trying to figure out is how to

[stuff removed for brevity]...

>If anyone has done a machine upgrade while keeping the same copy
>of Netware please send me some advice.

  If I could, I would like to expand this question to include what
procedures exist when the old file server is on a different (older)
version of Netware. I have a ver 2.12 filer server that is being
replaced by a nice new 2.15C machine and I have no idea (outside of
putting in a LOT of late nights) about how to transfer all the users
from the old system to the new one.

Nathan Engle             Software Evangelist
Indiana University       Dept of Psychology
nengle@copper.ucs.indiana.edu