[comp.sys.novell] CC:mail link to Unix

bent@lccinc.UUCP (Ben Taylor) (02/07/91)

We have CC:mail installed on our novell system, and we decided that
we needed a link to Unix.  We ended up with the CC:mail link to unix
product which does UUCP mail.  We have no problems getting mail to
the unix side, and mail from the unix side gets out to the dos box.
The problem is that it just stops there.  Mail ends up in \usr\spool\uucp
but the uucpimp file expects the mail files to be in \usr\mail.

We called CC:mail and we were told that their unix guy would be back
next week.  Anyone have suggestions on how to fix the problem.
(I read TFM, it is the lamest FM I've ever seen.)

Ben Taylor
LCC Incorporated
uunet!lccinc!bent

brian@cimage.com (Brian Kelley) (02/08/91)

In article <351@lccinc.UUCP> bent@lccinc.UUCP (Ben Taylor) writes:

>We have CC:mail installed on our novell system, and we decided that
>we needed a link to Unix.  We ended up with the CC:mail link to unix
>product which does UUCP mail.

You poor guy.  We have used the package for about 11 or 12 months now.  For
the first 5 months it was terrible.  They sent us a number of new versions.
I must say that in the last 6 months, the system has been fairly trouble
free (expcept for one time when it kept crashing on a certain mail message.
Deleting that message fixed the problem :-)

>  We have no problems getting mail to
>the unix side, and mail from the unix side gets out to the dos box.
>The problem is that it just stops there.  Mail ends up in \usr\spool\uucp
>but the uucpimp file expects the mail files to be in \usr\mail.

I think we may have had that problem at one time.  Your ccmail.btr file
needs to be in the \USR directory, not the uucp directory.  Don't ask me
why.  That may or may not be your problem.  It might have been one of
the situations where we had to get a new version of the program :-(
If that's not it, trying starting uupc by hand using a debugging flag
(-x99 should do the trick.  I believe the syntax is the same as real uucp).
If that doesn't shed any light on things, mail me the debugging output and
I'll see if I can think of anything else.

>We called CC:mail and we were told that their unix guy would be back
>next week.  Anyone have suggestions on how to fix the problem.

That happend to us a lot to.  The guy seems to take a lot of vacations. He
seems to be the only one in their company who can deal with real problems.
We will soon be installing their SMTP product to replace the uucp one (though
I've been saying that for 6 months. Time just hasn't allowed...).

>(I read TFM, it is the lamest FM I've ever seen.)

I totally agree.  It is truly pathetic.

>Ben Taylor
>LCC Incorporated
>uunet!lccinc!bent