[comp.sys.novell] changing the encapsulation on a 2.15 server

matt@isgserver.sbi.com (Matthew Gutherz) (02/07/91)

I am looking into changing the encapsulation of novell machines on our
network from 803.2 to Ethernet II.  I was able to find out how to
change it for 386 servers and clients but not servers running 2.15.
Any pointers would be helpful.

Matt	matt@orthanc.sbi.com

will@ogre.cica.indiana.edu (William Sadler) (02/08/91)

In article <265@isgserver.sbi.com> matt@isgserver.sbi.com (Matthew Gutherz) writes:

>I am looking into changing the encapsulation of novell machines on our
>network from 803.2 to Ethernet II.

You need a program called econfig.exe  I think it is on Auxgen.

econfig f:\system\net$os.exe a:e 8137

This changes Lan A running ethernet to type 8137.  Just type econfig w/ no
parameters to get the switches.

Reboot your server after running econfig.

Will

*   _______________\|/_      Will Sadler     will@ogre.cica.indiana.edu   *
*   Laser 44888    /|\                       sadler@iubacs.bitnet         *

kenh@techbook.com (Ken Haynes) (02/13/91)

In article <265@isgserver.sbi.com> matt@isgserver.sbi.com (Matthew Gutherz) writes:

>I am looking into changing the encapsulation of novell machines on our
>network from 803.2 to Ethernet II.  I was able to find out how to
>change it for 386 servers and clients but not servers running 2.15.
>Any pointers would be helpful.

If I understand your question, you will need to check the documentation for
the ECONFIG program.

Ken Haynes, Certified Netware Engineer
Technical Support Product Mgr.
900 Support