[comp.sys.novell] DAT backup from Cheyenne

infocenter@urz.unibas.ch (02/28/91)

Cheyenne Software Inc.  seems to distribute a DAT backup-software that seems to
be quite good (sorry, but I have only very little information about everything
connected with this company and the product). The name could be ARCServe (?).
It is possible to make automatic backups of workstation HDs. For this it takes
a so called FrontEnd manager (the name for this on the DOS is DOSAGENT.EXE).

My questions:

1. Does anyone have experience with this product?
2. Is there a FrontEnd manager for the Macintosh, so I can automatically backup
   those machines?
3. What's the FAX # of Cheyenne?

Thanx a lot ...

bye ....................................................................  Didi

kusumoto@chsun1.uchicago.edu (Bob Kusumoto) (03/05/91)

infocenter@urz.unibas.ch writes:
>be quite good (sorry, but I have only very little information about everything
>connected with this company and the product). The name could be ARCServe (?).
>It is possible to make automatic backups of workstation HDs. For this it takes
>a so called FrontEnd manager (the name for this on the DOS is DOSAGENT.EXE).
This looks ok, but when I demo-ed it, it didn't seem to like the new shells
(IPX v3.01 or v3.02).  I didn't test it with the older shells so I assume
they work on them.  They might already have an update out for the newer
shells.

>1. Does anyone have experience with this product?
I only demoed the program (ARCserver+tape) and waiting for the real thing
to get here.  It's a pretty good program as far as I can tell.

>2. Is there a FrontEnd manager for the Macintosh, so I can automatically backup
>   those machines?
I don't think so.  Although the backup can probably be done, but I didn't
look into this question.

>3. What's the FAX # of Cheyenne?
FAX (516) 484-3446

Bob
--
   Bob Kusumoto                               | I just come from the land of
Internet:  kusumoto@chsun1.uchicago.edu       | the sun/ from a war that must