[comp.sys.novell] Turbo Pascal Procedures

cs4921as@draco.unm.edu (Student Class Account) (02/08/91)

Can anybody tell me where I can get or how can I do novell procedure such as
send messages, logging in/out, getting a user list ect.. in TP 5.5-6.0?  FTP
mail or otherwise?  I need this information ASAP!  Thanks!

P.S.  Please post the message instead of E-MAILing me a response (I can't read
      mail sent to me &^%%^$^%$^%$^%$^%$)  Thanks!

Dante.......

jsdph@acad3.alaska.edu (HARRIS DENNIS P) (02/08/91)

In article <1991Feb07.233636.5880@ariel.unm.edu>, cs4921as@draco.unm.edu (Student Class Account) writes...

>Can anybody tell me where I can get or how can I do novell procedure such as
>send messages, logging in/out, getting a user list ect.. in TP 5.5-6.0?  FTP
>mail or otherwise?  I need this information ASAP!  Thanks!
>
>P.S.  Please post the message instead of E-MAILing me a response (I can't read
>      mail sent to me &^%%^$^%$^%$^%$^%$)  Thanks!
>
>Dante.......

well, first of all, you need the novell developer's kit, and as
far as i know, it only has functions for microsoft c /&/or/
watcom c...

sorry i don't know of any pascal libraries (or documentation)...

dennis p. harris					bitnet: jsdph@alaska.edu

  "The nation that controls magnetism controls the Universe." --- Diet Smith

RBYAML@ROHVM1.BITNET (Aengus Lawlor) (02/08/91)

In article <1991Feb8.071512.27332@ims.alaska.edu>, jsdph@acad3.alaska.edu
(HARRIS DENNIS P) says:

>In article <1991Feb07.233636.5880@ariel.unm.edu>, cs4921as@draco.unm.edu
>(Student Class Account) writes...
>>Can anybody tell me where I can get or how can I do novell procedure such as
>>send messages, logging in/out, getting a user list ect.. in TP 5.5-6.0?  FTP
>>mail or otherwise?  I need this information ASAP!  Thanks!
>>
>>Dante.......
>
>well, first of all, you need the novell developer's kit, and as
>far as i know, it only has functions for microsoft c /&/or/
>watcom c...
>
>sorry i don't know of any pascal libraries (or documentation)...
>
>dennis p. harris                                        bitnet:               u
>jsdph@alaska.ed

Are you sure about this? I seem to remember buying a Turbo Pascal Prgramming
book about 18 months ago that had some routines that used Novell services.

But the book is on the other side of the Atlantic right now, and I don't
remember specifics, so I can't be more helpful. Go down to a good Bookstore
or computer store, and look at the TP books. There can't be more that 10-20
 of them, so it shouldn't take too long to find it if it's there.

--
RBYAML@ROHMHAAS.COM                    Aengus Lawlor
RBYAML@ROHVM1.BITNET                   (who used to be ALAWLOR@DIT.IE)

u5533129@ucsvc.ucs.unimelb.edu.au (02/09/91)

>>Can anybody tell me where I can get or how can I do novell procedure such as
>>send messages, logging in/out, getting a user list ect.. in TP 5.5-6.0?  FTP
>>mail or otherwise?  I need this information ASAP!  Thanks!
>>
>>P.S.  Please post the message instead of E-MAILing me a response (I can't read
>>      mail sent to me &^%%^$^%$^%$^%$^%$)  Thanks!

I have a whole pile of pascal source for that sort of thing here.  I can mail
it to me if youcan give me an address that works, alternatively, I could post
it if there's enough interest.

Peter Summers

jsdph@acad3.alaska.edu (HARRIS DENNIS P) (02/09/91)

In article <91039.093117RBYAML@ROHVM1.BITNET>, RBYAML@ROHVM1.BITNET (Aengus Lawlor) writes...
>In article <1991Feb8.071512.27332@ims.alaska.edu>, jsdph@acad3.alaska.edu
>(HARRIS DENNIS P) says:
>>
>>In article <1991Feb07.233636.5880@ariel.unm.edu>, cs4921as@draco.unm.edu
>>(Student Class Account) writes...
>>>Can anybody tell me where I can get or how can I do novell procedure such as
>>>send messages, logging in/out, getting a user list ect.. in TP 5.5-6.0?  FTP
>>>mail or otherwise?  I need this information ASAP!  Thanks!
>>>
>>>Dante.......
>>
>>well, first of all, you need the novell developer's kit, and as
>>far as i know, it only has functions for microsoft c /&/or/
>>watcom c...
>>
>>sorry i don't know of any pascal libraries (or documentation)...
>>
>>dennis p. harris                                        bitnet:               u
>>jsdph@alaska.ed
>
>Are you sure about this? I seem to remember buying a Turbo Pascal Prgramming
>book about 18 months ago that had some routines that used Novell services.
>
>But the book is on the other side of the Atlantic right now, and I don't
>remember specifics, so I can't be more helpful. Go down to a good Bookstore
>or computer store, and look at the TP books. There can't be more that 10-20
> of them, so it shouldn't take too long to find it if it's there.
>
>--
>RBYAML@ROHMHAAS.COM                    Aengus Lawlor
>RBYAML@ROHVM1.BITNET                   (who used to be ALAWLOR@DIT.IE)

I stand (at least partially) corrected, not being a TP person.
According to a copy of the Oct. 1990 BULLETS, published for
developers by Novell Austin, there is a DOS system calls product
which is believe is for assembler.  If TP has an inline assembler
function you may be able to use it.  For more info, call
1-800-RED-WORD.  The folsk that answer the phone there are
programmers who understand programmers' needs (they're the folks
that developed BTRIEVE).   I believe that LAN TIMES has published
some TP code from time to time also.

hjstein@twinkies.berkeley.edu (Harvey J. Stein) (02/09/91)

In article <1991Feb07.233636.5880@ariel.unm.edu>
cs4921as@draco.unm.edu (Student Class Account) writes:

>Can anybody tell me where I can get or how can I do novell procedure such as
>send messages, logging in/out, getting a user list ect.. in TP 5.5-6.0?

I'd suggest that you try 'LANtic Software.  They sell a turbo pascal
interface to all of the Novell API functions (about 200 functions).
It includes functions such as SendPersonalMessage, LoginToFileServer,
and I remember seeing various user listing functions, so it should
serve your purposes.

Here's what they say in the beginning of their online documentation,
as well as there address and phone number:

                    Turbo Pascal, Novell API Library
                           'Lantic Software
                         Version 1.2  - 6/27/90

   These routines were developed under Turbo Pascal version 5.x and Novell
Advanced Netware version 2.12.  Testing under Netware 386 has shown that all
functions except the server status requests appear to work.

   It is recommended that you purchase the "Novell API Reference" from
Novell.  These may help in understanding the API.

    A fully functional version is available from 'Lantic software for
$75.  This includes the latest version or the TPU, IPX/SPX functions TPU,
and more detailed documentation.

                  'Lantic software
                  3823 Swanhouse Court
                  Burtonsville, MD  20866
                  (301) 572-3972

                  Dave Olson
                  User ID : 73307,412

Harvey J. Stein
Natural Intelligence Co.
1327 Santa Fe Avenue
Berkeley, CA 94702
(415) 528-8433

pat@rwing.UUCP (Pat Myrto) (02/10/91)

In article <1991Feb8.071512.27332@ims.alaska.edu> jsdph@alaska.edu writes:
<In article <1991Feb07.233636.5880@ariel.unm.edu>, cs4921as@draco.unm.edu (Student Class Account) writes...
<>
<
<well, first of all, you need the novell developer's kit, and as
<far as i know, it only has functions for microsoft c /&/or/
<watcom c...
<
<sorry i don't know of any pascal libraries (or documentation)...
<

We just received the Developers Kit, and it has libraries for MSC, Lattice,
Turbo C, and Watcom.  The include files are the same for all compilers.
How it works, I don't know, we just got it yesterday and so far all I have
done is look over the contents of the disks, install the MSC libraries,
and currently am reading the docs.  It does have a lot of example sources
to create some potentially handy utilities.  It seems to be a 'must have'
to do any of the Netware-specific operations...
--
pat@rwing                                       (Pat Myrto),  Seattle, WA
                            ...!uunet!pilchuck!rwing!pat

alan@oetl.scf.lockheed.com (Alan Strassberg) (02/11/91)

In article <1991Feb07.233636.5880@ariel.unm.edu> cs4921as@draco.unm.edu (Student Class Account) writes:

>Can anybody tell me where I can get or how can I do novell procedure such as
>send messages, logging in/out, getting a user list ect.. in TP 5.5-6.0?  FTP

	You can get tp5_api.zip via ftp from hamster.business.uwo.ca
	(129.100.22.100). Look for the novell directory under msdos.
	The following is a command summary of the Turbo Pasal unit.
	(also available on Crystal Chip BBS 206-226-6550)

					  alan
Command Summary

Alloc_Permanent_Directory_Handle
 (dir_handle,drive_letter,dir_pathname,new_dir_handle,rights,retcode);
Check_Message_Pipe(connection,retcode);
Close_Message_Pipe(connection,retcode);
Detach_From_File_Server(id,retcode);
Disable_File_Server_Login(retcode);
Down_File_Server(flag,retcode);
Enable_File_Server_Login(retcode);
Get_Broadcast_Message(message,retcode);
Get_Broadcast_Mode(bmode);
GetConnectionInfo(station,name,hexid,conntype,datetime,retcode);
Get_Default_Connection_ID(ID);
Get_Directory_Path(handle,pathname,retcode);
Get_Drive_Connection_ID(drive_num,drive_id);
Get_Drive_Handle_ID(drive_id,handle);
Get_File_Server_Name(count,servername);
GetHexID(name,hexid,retcode);
Get_Internet_Address(station,net_number,node_addr,socket_number,retcode);
GetNode(nodeID,retcode);
Get_Preferred_Connection_ID(id);
Get_Personal_Message(connection,message,retcode);
Get_Primary_Connection_ID(ID);
Get_Realname(username,realname,retcode);
Get_Server_DateTime(year,month,day,hour,min,sec,dow,retcode);
GetServerInfo;
GetServerName(name,retcode);
Get_Server_Version(version_string);
GetStation(station,retcode);
GetUser(station,name,retcode);
Get_Volume_Name(vname,vnumber,retcode);
Login_To_File_Server(object_type,username,password,retcode);
Logout;
Logout_From_File_Server(id,retcode);
Map(pathname, rights, retcode);
Open_Message_Pipe(connection,retcode);
Scan_Object;
Send_Message_to_Station(station,message,retcode);
Send_Message_to_Username(name,message,retcode);
Send_Personal_Message(connection,message,retcode);
Set_Broadcast_Mode(bmode);
Set_Date_From_Server;
Set_Preferred_Connection_ID(id);
Set_Primary_Connection_ID(ID);
Set_Time_From_Server;

--
Alan Strassberg             alan@oetl.scf.lockheed.com
(408) 425-6139              alan@leadsv.ese.lmsc.lockheed.com

kenh@techbook.com (Ken Haynes) (02/13/91)

In article <1991Feb07.233636.5880@ariel.unm.edu> cs4921as@draco.unm.edu (Student Class Account) writes:
>Can anybody tell me where I can get or how can I do novell procedure such as
>send messages, logging in/out, getting a user list ect.. in TP 5.5-6.0?  FTP
>mail or otherwise?  I need this information ASAP!  Thanks!

Programming information that cannot be obtained here, can be obtained from
NOVELL at 1-800-RED-WORD.  You will need the API reference.  It contains
the assembly level interface documentation that you can then execute using
a DOS call.  I am assuming that you can execute a DOS call from Turbo Pascal.

Ken Haynes, Certified Netware Engineer
Technical Support Product Mgr.
900 Support

ckinsman@eecs.wsu.edu (Chris Kinsman - EE major) (02/17/91)

In article <1991Feb13.143325.29617@techbook.com> kenh@techbook.com (Ken Haynes) writes:
>In article <1991Feb07.233636.5880@ariel.unm.edu> cs4921as@draco.unm.edu (Student Class Account) writes:
>>Can anybody tell me where I can get or how can I do novell procedure such as
>>send messages, logging in/out, getting a user list ect.. in TP 5.5-6.0?  FTP
>>mail or otherwise?  I need this information ASAP!  Thanks!
>>

>Programming information that cannot be obtained here, can be obtained from
>NOVELL at 1-800-RED-WORD.  You will need the API reference.  It contains
>the assembly level interface documentation that you can then execute using
>a DOS call.  I am assuming that you can execute a DOS call from Turbo Pascal.

Which is not trivial considering they charge almost $200 for this book!

Chris

Chris Kinsman  					KINSMAN@WSUVM1
Washington State University			22487863@WSUVM1
Computing Service Center			ckinsman@yoda.eecs.wsu.edu

leonard@qiclab.scn.rain.com (Leonard Erickson) (02/24/91)

jsdph@acad3.alaska.edu (HARRIS DENNIS P) writes:

<In article <1991Feb07.233636.5880@ariel.unm.edu>, cs4921as@draco.unm.edu (Student Class Account) writes...
<>
<>Can anybody tell me where I can get or how can I do novell procedure such as
<>send messages, logging in/out, getting a user list ect.. in TP 5.5-6.0?  FTP
<>mail or otherwise?  I need this information ASAP!  Thanks!
<>

<well, first of all, you need the novell developer's kit, and as
<far as i know, it only has functions for microsoft c /&/or/
<watcom c...

On CIS there are a set of shareware TPUs for TP 4, 5, 5.5, and 6 that
implement all the API calls. You'd still need the API documentation from
Novell.

--
Leonard Erickson			leonard@qiclab.uucp
personal:	CIS: [70465,203]	70465.203@compuserve.com

jims@svcs1.UUCP (Jim Serwer) (03/05/91)

In article <1991Feb24.094246.2508@qiclab.scn.rain.com> leonard@qiclab.scn.rain.com (Leonard Erickson) writes:
>jsdph@acad3.alaska.edu (HARRIS DENNIS P) writes:
>
><In article <1991Feb07.233636.5880@ariel.unm.edu>, cs4921as@draco.unm.edu (Student Class Account) writes...
><>
><>Can anybody tell me where I can get or how can I do novell procedure such as
><>send messages, logging in/out, getting a user list ect.. in TP 5.5-6.0?  FTP
   .  .  .
><well, first of all, you need the novell developer's kit, and as
><far as i know, it only has functions for microsoft c /&/or/
><watcom c...
>
>--
>Leonard Erickson			leonard@qiclab.uucp
>personal:	CIS: [70465,203]	70465.203@compuserve.com
>business:	CIS: [76376,1107]	76376.1107@compuserve.com

You have not specified whether you are developing VAPs for
286 or NLMs for 386.  I have C Interface for DOS v1.10,
which is the 286 development kit.  It comes with object
libraries for Lattice 3.1, Borland Turbo C 2.0,
Watcom C 7.0, and Microsoft C 5.1.

Now here is an interesting tidbit.  I have the new Borland
C++ Pro v2.0. The Turbo Linker works fine with the Microsoft C 5.1
version of the library provided you use the "-ln" or "/n"
Turbo Linker option.

Jim Serwer
jims%svcs1@mips.com
72607,3144