[comp.sys.novell] Is pc-nfs useful to anyone?

sob@tmc.edu (Stan Barber) (03/19/91)

In article <1991Mar18.192417.3970@amd.com> phil@brahms.amd.com (Phil Ngai) writes:
>My comments are based on a careful reading of the Sun Press Releases
>and magazine articles, some of which actually have pictures.  If I have
>made any errors of fact, I welcome corrections from Sun, whom I believe
>to read this group.
In other words, your comments relate to your experience with the 3.0.1
or earlier release. That release was available before Windows 3.0 was
available to developers, let alone users. This means your comments about
Window compatibility are based on the press release (and the pictures)
alone. No real user experience....sigh.
>Which issues have serious implications for you? Since you have around
>100 Sun PC-NFS installations, what have I said that is news for you?
Since your opinions are based on use of the version if I have (which we
feel works pretty well with Windows given what I just wrote), nothing
you have said is news to me.

--
Stan           internet: sob@bcm.tmc.edu         Director, Networking
Olan           uucp: {rutgers,mailrus}!bcm!sob   and Systems Support