[comp.sys.novell] OS/2 Requester incompatible with OS/2 rev 1.3

klimas@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com (03/20/91)

Does anyone have any pearls of wisdom regarding using the new OS/2 rev 1.3
with Advanced Netware 286 v2.15c ?  We have a working system based on rev 1.2
currently, but, hoping to improve performance, I thought that I would look into
upgrading to the "new, lean" OS/2 rev. 1.3 . I was encouraged by all of the
testimonials saying that everything that worked under OS/2 rev 1.2 worked
under OS/2 rev 1.3 .  WRONG!  It seems that Netware checks for rev. numbers
and the IPX and IFS drivers now complain about "incorrect OS/2 version".

jack@cscdec.cs.com (Jack Hudler) (03/21/91)

In article <3859.27e64121@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com> klimas@iccgcc.decnet.ab.com writes:
>I was encouraged by all of the
>testimonials saying that everything that worked under OS/2 rev 1.2 worked
>under OS/2 rev 1.3 .  WRONG!  It seems that Netware checks for rev. numbers
>and the IPX and IFS drivers now complain about "incorrect OS/2 version".

RIGHT!.... just ignore the message... I'm sure those that wrote to you
explained this!

--
Jack           Computer Support Corporation             Dallas,Texas
Hudler         Internet: jack@cscdec.cs.com