[comp.sys.novell] Oracle Server for NetWare taught my alien cat to knit

bgh@ice9.uucp (barry hannigan) (03/13/91)

greeetings.

just got back from our local oracle users group meeting and the tech performing
made a statement of how the oracle server for netware was a NLM, and also an
integral component in the regression tests used by novell to certify other NLMs.

is this an example of marketting exuberance? if so, why would novell do
something like this? without an exception i can think of, databases are toxic
to operating systems, with the impact on netware conceivably larger due to its
single nature.

the other point he made was that the novell OS is non-preemptive. i have no
knowledge of this fact or otherwise, but if so, would a wildly large sql
statement parse not hiccup the whole system.

inquiring minds..

barry
--
~~~~~~~ ..walkin on the beaches, lookin at the peaches

clh@tfic.bc.ca (Chris Hermansen) (03/22/91)

In article <1991Mar13.042255.467@ice9.uucp> bgh@ice9.uucp (barry hannigan) writes:
>greeetings.
>
>just got back from our local oracle users group meeting and the tech performing

[stuff deleted]

>barry
>--
>~~~~~~~ ..walkin on the beaches, lookin at the peaches

The real question here is "does anyone at ORACLE listen to the Stranglers?".

Chris Hermansen                         Timberline Forest Inventory Consultants
Voice: 1 604 733 0731                   302 - 958 West 8th Avenue
FAX:   1 604 733 0634                   Vancouver B.C. CANADA
clh@tfic.bc.ca                          V5Z 1E5

C'est ma facon de parler.