[comp.sys.novell] email pkg for macs and PCs

jfox@vms.macc.wisc.edu (03/17/91)

I'm looking for a commercial email pkg that handles both
Macintoshes and MS/DOS computers on a Novell 286 Advanced
network. Can anyone recommend something that works smoothly?
The PC folks here love Word Perfect Office email, but it
won't handle the Macintoshes.

Jane Fox  Bitnet:    jfox@wiscmacc
          Internet:  jfox@vms.macc.wisc.edu

gamerine@bluemoon.uucp (Glenn Amerine) (03/21/91)

jfox@vms.macc.wisc.edu writes:

> I'm looking for a commercial email pkg that handles both
> Macintoshes and MS/DOS computers on a Novell 286 Advanced
> network. Can anyone recommend something that works smoothly?
> The PC folks here love Word Perfect Office email, but it
> won't handle the Macintoshes.

If I remember right, WordPerfect was working on a Mac version of
Office.

Glenn

kusumoto@chsun1.uchicago.edu (Bob Kusumoto) (03/22/91)

cc:Mail makes a PC and Mac version of their mailing system if you really need
PC <-> mac mail now.  Personally, I'd wait for WP Office for Mac and have
both email and scheduling within the same suite of programs on both
platforms (I hear that's what's causing the hold up, the scheduling software
isn't working right on the mac side).

Bob
--
   Bob Kusumoto                               | I just come from the land of
Internet:  kusumoto@chsun1.uchicago.edu       | the sun/ from a war that must