[comp.sys.novell] NovOS

dave@glv.uucp (David L. Cohen) (03/20/91)

I hate to start the rumor mill flowing, but there was
an interesting mention of 'NovOS' in the rumor column
of LAN Times last week.
Supposedly, Novell is working on a 386, multi-tasking, GUI,
32-bit O/S called NovOS. The story claims that NovOS targets DOS.
Anyone else hear about this?
-dave

David Cohen                      |    "Wait! I've got it! Feed the tuna
glv!dave@dg-rtp.dg.com           |     fish mayonnaise!"
Global Logistics Venture, Cary,NC|     - Michael Keaton, Night Shift
--

jfb@naucse.cse.nau.edu (Jamie Bradford) (03/27/91)

In article <1991Mar20.152812.22946@glv.uucp>, dave@glv.uucp (David L. Cohen) writes:
> I hate to start the rumor mill flowing, but there was
> an interesting mention of 'NovOS' in the rumor column
> of LAN Times last week.
> Supposedly, Novell is working on a 386, multi-tasking, GUI,
> 32-bit O/S called NovOS. The story claims that NovOS targets DOS.
> Anyone else hear about this?

Yep!  About a week ago, maybe more, I ran across a rumour in a similar
vein in, I think, PC Week.  Good ol' Rumour Central.  It gave about the
same information as was in the LAN Times bit, but also mentioned that
Novell would deny knowledge of such a beast if you asked.  It's worth
hoping though. :-)

Jamie