[comp.sys.novell] Mac NLM for '386

schoen2@husc9.harvard.edu (Michael Schoen) (04/08/91)

Hi there.  I will soon be implementing a Novell network for
PCs and Macs.  I had been planning to use SFT, because there
was no support for Macs on 386.  But in v. 3.11 (I believe)
an NLM for Macs was introduced.  My network consultant has
cautioned me, however, that it may be buggy.  Does anyone have
any experience with it yet?  How does it compare to the Mac
support in SFT?
Thanks.

schoen2@husc9.harvard.edu

timm@sed.novell.com (Tim Myers) (04/10/91)

In article <1991Apr7.200336.451@husc3.harvard.edu>
schoen2@husc9.harvard.edu (Michael Schoen) writes:
> Hi there.  I will soon be implementing a Novell network for
> PCs and Macs.  I had been planning to use SFT, because there
> was no support for Macs on 386.  But in v. 3.11 (I believe)
> an NLM for Macs was introduced.  My network consultant has
> cautioned me, however, that it may be buggy.  Does anyone have
> any experience with it yet?  How does it compare to the Mac
> support in SFT?

I have used NetWare v3.11 and the NetWare for Macintosh v3.0 NLMs
for several months now. Compared to previous versions, it is faster
and offers more Mac support including AppleTalk routing, AppleTalk
phase II, and AFP 2.0. This is the most reliable version of NetWare
for Macintosh we have released.

++Tim

Tim Myers
Senior Software Consultant
Novell, Inc.
"Macintosh: the only GUI that doesn't SUCK."