[comp.sys.novell] EDI under novell

trl@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Trevor Lees) (04/03/91)

Are there any proprietary packages for support of edi under a novell
environment???

For those unsure of what edi is it is electronic document interchange.

I am asking this question for someone else so I accept no responsibility
for the good sense of the question!

trl@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au

moore@esseye.UUCP (David Moore) (04/11/91)

In <5094@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au> trl@goanna.cs.rmit.oz.au (Trevor Lees) writes:

>Are there any proprietary packages for support of edi under a novell
>environment???

I'm not sure what you're looking for under Novell. All the major
EDI packages (at least for X12 support) run on PC's in a Novell
environment. This means Sterling, Supply Tech, ABC, ...
By the way, Supply Tech was by ATT as their PC choice (see Network
World, July 18, 1988).

I suppose it depends on what you're trying to do. Translations
or origination. For example, if the P.O. system is on a mainframe
you're doing translations, otherwise, you're expecting to enter
the P.O. into the EDI package directly.

Hope this helps.

P.S> I have no interest in any of the companies mentioned other than
our evaluations of these products.
--
David Moore                    | moore@si.com
Smiths Industries              |