[comp.sys.novell] Q -- Is there a Novell Split Screen Pconsole?

rfink@eng.umd.edu (Russell A. Fink) (04/20/91)

I am a temporary acting manager for a Novell network, and would like to
ask the community if anyone has seen or knows of a program that will
display the queue contents of several printers on the same screen?  THe
Pconsole , list queue contents screen is fine, but I have two printers
sitting side by side that I'd like to be able to view jobs queued to, and
have this information without having to fiddle with selecting queues, etc.

If anyone can help out, or offer any advice, I'd be grateful.  I'm trying
to set up a dedicated machine to sit next to the two printers and constantly
display the contents of the queues, to help calm down frustrated users.
I'm sure all people in my situation know what this situation is like!
THANKS!
--
   //=====   //=====   Russ Fink  ===============
  //        //____     rfink@eng.umd.edu

nengle@copper.ucs.indiana.edu (nathan engle) (04/20/91)

In article <1991Apr19.170557.24404@eng.umd.edu> rfink@eng.umd.edu (Russell A. Fink) writes:
>I am a temporary acting manager for a Novell network, and would like to
>ask the community if anyone has seen or knows of a program that will
>display the queue contents of several printers on the same screen?  THe
>Pconsole , list queue contents screen is fine, but I have two printers
>sitting side by side that I'd like to be able to view jobs queued to, and
>have this information without having to fiddle with selecting queues, etc.

  Fresh Q-Assist doesn't put both on the screen at the same time but you
can view all of the queues in the system by hitting right and left
arrows to scroll through the list. Is that enough or do you need
completely hands-off operation?
  (Fresh Technologies, 602-497-4200)

--
Nathan Engle             Software Evangelist
Indiana University       Dept of Psychology