[comp.sys.novell] Q -- Is there a Novell Split Screen Pconsole?READ/NEW/FOLLOWUP

hamish@waikato.ac.nz (04/21/91)

In article <1991Apr19.170557.24404@eng.umd.edu>, rfink@eng.umd.edu (Russell A. Fink) writes:
> I am a temporary acting manager for a Novell network, and would like to
> ask the community if anyone has seen or knows of a program that will
> display the queue contents of several printers on the same screen?  THe
> Pconsole , list queue contents screen is fine, but I have two printers
> sitting side by side that I'd like to be able to view jobs queued to, and
> have this information without having to fiddle with selecting queues, etc.
>
> If anyone can help out, or offer any advice, I'd be grateful.  I'm trying
> to set up a dedicated machine to sit next to the two printers and constantly
> display the contents of the queues, to help calm down frustrated users.
> I'm sure all people in my situation know what this situation is like!
> THANKS!

Windows 3 Print Manager will do just this. Simply connect the printer port to a
particular queue(s) that you want to examine and away you go. Of course you
have to be running windows 3 to do this, but at least it works.

|  Hamish Marson   <h.marson@waikato.ac.nz>                                    |
|  Computer Support Person,  Computer Science Department                     |
|  University of Waikato                                                     |
|Disclaimer:  Anything said in this message is the personal opinion of the   |
|             finger hitting the keyboard & doesn't represent my employers   |
|             opinion in any way. (ie we probably don't agree)               |