[comp.sys.novell] Netware 3.11 and TCP/IP

bryanvv@mttam.uucp (Bryan Van Vliet) (04/30/91)

Does anyone know if the TCP/IP support in 3.11 will work with any of the
Tektronix 4105 terminal emulators (Graphpoint's TNET-05 or Pericom's
Teemtalk, for example) that are available? Furthermore, does Netware 3.11
support interrupt 14h redirection?

Thanks for the info,

Bryan

--
Bryan Van Vliet
bryanvv@mttam.uucp or uunet!mttam!bryanvv

jkt@seneca.Sed.Novell.COM. (Jack Thomasson) (05/01/91)

said:

Bryan> Does anyone know if the TCP/IP support in 3.11 will work with
Bryan> any of the Tektronix 4105 terminal emulators (Graphpoint's
Bryan> TNET-05 or Pericom's Teemtalk, for example) that are available?
Bryan> Furthermore, does Netware 3.11 support interrupt 14h
Bryan> redirection?

you've got the wrong idea about the TCP/IP stack in NetWare 3.11!
there is no user available agent in the release other than SNMP, i.e.,
no telnet, ftp, ....  also, the console is NOT a workstation so int
14h redirection doesn't even apply.

now you're probably asking, "Well, what good is it?"  here are the
basic features:

1) the stack is used as a basis for SNMP agent and console (standard)
and NetWare NFS (optional).

2) the stack can route IP packets among ethernet, arcnet, and token
ring (standard).

3) the stack can tunnel IPX across dedicated IP networks (like the
Internet, but keep this under your hat :{)} ) (standard).

4) the stack supports various APIs that allow porting of TCP/IP-based
server modules to NetWare NLMs (optional).

Bryan> Thanks for the info,

hope this helps

Bryan> Bryan Van Vliet
Bryan> bryanvv@mttam.uucp or uunet!mttam!bryanvv
Jack Thomasson                :{)}                 jkt@Sed.Novell.COM
Novell, Inc. /  MS C-25-1 /  122 East 1700 South /   Provo, UT  84606
Phone: (800)453-1267x7604 | (801)429-7604          FAX: (801)429-5511
"WARNING: the comments do not necessarily reflect the implementation"

kenh@techbook.com (Ken Haynes) (05/06/91)

In article <1991Apr30.165442.25326@mttam.uucp> bryanvv@mttam.uucp (Bryan Van Vliet) writes:
>Does anyone know if the TCP/IP support in 3.11 will work with any of the
>Tektronix 4105 terminal emulators (Graphpoint's TNET-05 or Pericom's
>Teemtalk, for example) that are available? Furthermore, does Netware 3.11
>support interrupt 14h redirection?

Netware does not directly support int14 redirection, but several third party
vendors supply products that do.  One is InstantCom by Instant communications
in Lake Oswego, OR.  Hmmmm.... where did I leave their number?

Ken

--
Ken Haynes, CNE
900 Support.... Novell Technical Support 7 Days a week/24 Hours a day