[comp.sys.novell] LaserWriter printqueue via ethernet

steve@kn5f.jsc.nasa.gov (Steve Price) (05/01/91)

Has anybody gotten the Laserwriter print service on novell servers (2.15c
and up) to work to a LaserWriter connected to the ethernet rather than
localtalk?  Is there a trick to this, or have we missed something.

kenh@techbook.com (Ken Haynes) (05/06/91)

In article <1991Apr30.170036.24740@aio.jsc.nasa.gov> steve@kn5f.jsc.nasa.gov (Steve Price) writes:
>Has anybody gotten the Laserwriter print service on novell servers (2.15c
>and up) to work to a LaserWriter connected to the ethernet rather than
>localtalk?  Is there a trick to this, or have we missed something.

No trick, you need the Appletalk support for the ethernet card you are using.
In NW 286 the NE2000 was supported. In NW386 I think you just add that protocol
to the driver for whatever card you are using.  The NE2000 drivers are available
on Netwire.

Ken

--
Ken Haynes, CNE
900 Support.... Novell Technical Support 7 Days a week/24 Hours a day