[comp.sys.novell] NW for Mac 3.0

danderer@brahms.udel.edu (Dave Anderer) (05/06/91)

Our copy of 3.11 finally arrived, and was installed this weekend.
The plan was to install NW for Mac today, restoring the capability
we lost when we upgraded to 3.1 from 2.15 a month ago.  However...

Our localtalk card is a Novell NL1000 - purchased because that's
what NW for Mac used to want.  NW for Mac 3.0 says it ONLY supports
the DynaTalk cards - is that right?  Is the NL1000 a DynaTalk
under Novell's label, or is it useless?

I also didn't see the DynaTalk drivers in the NW for Mac
distribution - must those be acquired seperately?

I hope I'm wrong in suspecting Novell abandoned their own card
in this release.
--
    Dave Anderer        danderer@brahms.udel.edu       (302) 451-8805
Instructional Technology Center, University of Delaware, Newark, De.  19716

bdahlen@zephyr.cair.du.edu (Robert L. Dahlen - U. of Denver USA=) (05/07/91)

In article <21140@brahms.udel.edu>danderer@brahms.udel.edu(Dave Anderer) writes:
>Our copy of 3.11 finally arrived, and was installed this weekend.
>Our localtalk card is a Novell NL1000 - purchased because that's
>what NW for Mac used to want.  NW for Mac 3.0 says it ONLY supports
>the DynaTalk cards - is that right?  Is the NL1000 a DynaTalk
>under Novell's label, or is it useless?

We were just set to have the same problem so I called Dayna today, Dave Scott
at 801-972-2000 told me that there are no drivers for the NL1000 under 3.1x
and there will NOT be any written.  Further, the NL1000 and the DL2000 are
NOT the same card.  The DL2000 is full length (1000 was a half card), is now
more reliable (1000 did not work in some fast bus/CPU machines), and is
supported under 3.1x.  Drivers are available from Dayna or from Netwire on
Compuserve.  Dave did say that it would be okay to copy the drivers to a
FTPable source.  (Anybody able?)  FYI, we paid $230 for a new DL2000.

Robert L. Dahlen - Director, Information Systems & Technology
University of Denver - Denver, Colorado 80208 (303) 871-4385
INTERNET:bdahlen@du.edu                      BITNET:bdahlen@ducair