[comp.sys.novell] Boot PROM info...

chris@ted.cs.uidaho.edu (Chris Magagna) (05/11/91)

>    Can I use the boot prom to boot several machines with different
> images or would I need to use login script commands to set individual
> configurations?

You can do it inside NetWare, provided you have (I think) at least 2.15.
DOSGEN will by default create NET$DOS.SYS in the LOGIN directory, and
this is what it will hand out to any machines asking for a boot image,
but you can create a file called BOOTCONF.SYS that specifies each
machines network number and ethernet address, then have it point to
a specific boot image, like

  0x01,0025a983f200=dos33.sys
  0x01,0025a983ff00=dos401.sys

Then when you run DOSGEN tell it to make DOS33.SYS or just rename
the NET$DOS.SYS.  All of this has to be in LOGIN, though.

Chris
disclaimer?  I hardly know her!