[comp.sys.novell] NetWare Installation

muller@sbsvax.cs.uni-sb.de (Francois Muller) (05/14/91)

I have tried to install NetWare 2.15 on a 386/33 pc-clone.
I made a disk partition in order to run DOS too because I intend
to run the server in "nondedicated" mode.
I choosed something like 100 cylinders for DOS.
After I had terminasted the installation and booted the system from a
DOS diskette I had a DOS partition (C:) with something like 10KB(!)
disk space.Not even enough to copy Command.com on it.
FDISK reports 12MB DOS-partition.
Can someone help me?

Can I rerun the NetWare installation menu from netgen only or must I
rerun the complete configuration+installation?(people who have already
configured using the standard floppy method will understand why I do not
want to rerun it!)

Thank you in advance.

Francois

kenh@techbook.com (Ken Haynes) (05/16/91)

In article <10931@sbsvax.cs.uni-sb.de> muller@sbsvax.cs.uni-sb.de (Francois Muller) writes:
>I have tried to install NetWare 2.15 on a 386/33 pc-clone.
>I made a disk partition in order to run DOS too because I intend
>to run the server in "nondedicated" mode.
>I choosed something like 100 cylinders for DOS.
>After I had terminasted the installation and booted the system from a
>DOS diskette I had a DOS partition (C:) with something like 10KB(!)
>disk space.Not even enough to copy Command.com on it.
>FDISK reports 12MB DOS-partition.
>Can someone help me?
>
>Can I rerun the NetWare installation menu from netgen only or must I
>rerun the complete configuration+installation?(people who have already
>configured using the standard floppy method will understand why I do not
>want to rerun it!)

You can rerun the NETGEN program without having to relink the OS.  When you
get into NETGEN the second time it will immediately go to the NETWARE
INSTALLATION option on the screen.  If it does not, you didn't complete the
NETGEN properly.  Don't forget to review your configuration after selecting
all the LAN and DISK drivers.  It saves a configuration file that you need.

Ken

--
Ken Haynes, CNE
900 Support.... Novell Technical Support 7 Days a week/24 Hours a day