[comp.sys.novell] Where to find Pegasus and Charon?

weber@rhrk.uni-kl.de (Christoph Weber-Fahr [KIT]) (05/16/91)

Some weeks ago in this newsgroup i found information, where PEGASUS and/or
Charon could be downloaded from as anonymous FTP.

Unfortunately this information got lost.

Could anyone post these Host-Names again or send them to me by E-Mail.
(I Think one of them was at the University of Hawaii ?)

thanks very much

Christoph Weber-Fahr

weber@rhrk.uni-kl.de
  Christoph Weber-Fahr
  Universitaet Kaiserslautern,  KIT/IVS
  Tel. 0631/205-320                     E-Mail:      weber@rhrk.uni-kl.de

orand@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (05/17/91)

In article <1991May16.163005.15546@rhrk.uni-kl.de>, weber@rhrk.uni-kl.de (Christoph Weber-Fahr [KIT]) writes:
> Some weeks ago in this newsgroup i found information, where PEGASUS and/or
> Charon could be downloaded from as anonymous FTP.
>
> Unfortunately this information got lost.
>
> Could anyone post these Host-Names again or send them to me by E-Mail.
> (I Think one of them was at the University of Hawaii ?)
>
> thanks very much
>
> Christoph Weber-Fahr

    You are thinking of CBAUX.CBA.HAWAII.EDU ...  Lots of good Novell
stuff there.

    Brady...
    ORAND@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

mcgredo@CS.ORST.EDU (Don Mcgregor) (05/17/91)

weber@rhrk.uni-kl.de (Christoph Weber-Fahr [KIT]) writes:
> Some weeks ago in this newsgroup i found information, where PEGASUS and/or
> Charon could be downloaded from as anonymous FTP.
>
> Could anyone post these Host-Names again or send them to me by E-Mail.
> (I Think one of them was at the University of Hawaii ?)

   The sites for Pmail are:

     splicer.cba.hawaii.edu
     mibsrv.mib.eng.ua.edu
     rodan.acs.syr.edu

  Charon can be found at:

     omnigate.clarkson.edu

Don McGregor
mcgredo@prism.cs.orst.edu

MUHRTH@tubvm.cs.tu-berlin.de (Thomas Muhr) (05/17/91)

In article <1991May16.171434.30824@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu>, orand@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
says:
>    You are thinking of CBAUX.CBA.HAWAII.EDU ...  Lots of good Novell
>stuff there.
Could you supply the Internet adress of the above, we don't have a name server.
Thank you very much!
Thomas

david@otago.ac.nz (David Harris) (05/18/91)

In article <1991May16.163005.15546@rhrk.uni-kl.de>,
weber@rhrk.uni-kl.de (Christoph Weber-Fahr [KIT]) writes:

> Some weeks ago in this newsgroup i found information, where PEGASUS and/or
> Charon could be downloaded from as anonymous FTP.
>
> Unfortunately this information got lost.
>
> Could anyone post these Host-Names again or send them to me by E-Mail.
> (I Think one of them was at the University of Hawaii ?)

I consider the following to be my "major sites" for Pegasus Mail - they're
the ones I put the greatest effort into keeping up to date. Many other sites
carry Pmail, but these are the official ones:

   mibsrv.mib.eng.ua.edu, in /pub/network-pc/pegasus
   splicer.cba.hawaii.edu, in ./pegasus
   omnigate.clarkson.edu, in /pub/pegasus

The current official version is 2.1a/1, although 2.1b will be out this week,
and Pmail 1.0 for the Mac is now in late Alpha test.

For those of you in Europe, gufalet.rug.nl always has very up-to-date copies
of Pmail and Charon (Ton Roovers is a good friend and a major tester).

Charon v3.1 (shortly to be 3.21) is available from a number of sites, but
principally from:

    omnigate.clarkson.edu, in /pub/cutcp/charon3.1/charon.zip

Cheers!

-- David --

-- David Harris --                       email: david@otago.ac.nz
Consultant, Computing Services Centre,   phone: (+64) 3-4798598
Otago University, Dunedin, New Zealand.  fax:   (+64) 3-4798577

Note: Pegasus Mail is not a product of, nor is endorsed by, the
University of Otago, although the author gratefully acknowledges
their support.