[comp.sys.novell] identifying files

v056ped5@ubvmsa.cc.buffalo.edu (Brian M McNamara) (05/21/91)

I am reconfiguring a system for someone running NetWare ELS Level II.
They are using Ventura Publisher on the network, and many of their files
are kept in a a public data directory because they share a lot of work
between people and projects. Is there a way to tag these files as to
their original owners?

Brian McNamara

mallsop@suna.mqcc.mq.oz.au (Mark Allsop) (05/21/91)

In article <77299@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU> v056ped5@ubvmsa.cc.buffalo.edu writes:
>between people and projects. Is there a way to tag these files as to
>their original owners?

If I understand your question correctly, you want to know who created the file?
Try doing a <ndir> on the directory- it should list the file owner (which can
also be altered using filer), along with other info like times of access and
creation, flags, etc.

+Mark.
--
 Mark Allsop                                              Computer Scientist
 email: mallsop@suna.mqcc.mq.oz.au                The Statistical Laboratory